Alright, I got my unlock code from Sprint several days ago, unlocked it, "Code Accepted", restarted phone, etc.

My Network reads "Inactive".

I have a buddy who's phone is BNIB just replaced and it reads Disabled from out of the box.

What is the difference?

Active - ?

Inactive - ?

Deactive - ?
    08-01-09 02:09 PM
    If the network says "Disabled" or "Inactive" it is Unlocked.

Active means there is a SIM lock in place.
    08-01-09 02:20 PM
    But what I'm not understand is, what's the difference between Disabled and Inactive? And why do some phones show Disabled, and some show inactive? There has to be a reason behind it.

I mean, if they were the same, wouldn't all unlocked Tours/phones read Disabled OR Inactive? Not one or the other?
    08-01-09 02:30 PM
    Disabled means it comes from the factory unlocked, inactive means it removed the current lock in place.
    08-01-09 02:42 PM
    I see. So does that mean that the "disabled" berries are newer builds? Also, why did some come unlocked and others didn't?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 02:46 PM
    400A models are newer right? Are they the ones that come unlocked from factory? I have a 400 and it is not unlocked.
    08-01-09 03:04 PM
    I just replaced my tour yet again, 004 and it came unlocked "disabled".
    08-01-09 04:22 PM
    Where do I find out what mine is?
    08-01-09 05:42 PM
    Remove the batt cover and it will be the left side by the battery, the last 3 numbers and possibly a letter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 07:08 PM
    How do I know if my phone is unlocked or not?
    08-01-09 07:37 PM
    options>advanced>sim card> type mepd, IF network is active, its locked.
    08-01-09 08:37 PM
    Ok, I did that and everything says Disabled except for Network, Network says Active. That means it is locked right? What do I need to do to unlock it? And also, what is the benefit of unlocking it if I am not planning on traveling?
    08-01-09 08:41 PM
    Yes its locked.

Only benefit is the ability to use other SIMs in the tour for use on other networks. I'm using mine for emergency use when I'm out of any decent cdma coverage. Approx 60 miles west of me is an area void of cdma coverage due to the current owners of the spectrum's, gsm only provider.
    08-01-09 09:37 PM
    Yes its locked.

Only benefit is the ability to use other SIMs in the tour for use on other networks. I'm using mine for emergency use when I'm out of any decent cdma coverage. Approx 60 miles west of me is an area void of cdma coverage due to the current owners of the spectrum's, gsm only provider.
    So does that mean u can pop in a sim card from att and it would work?
    08-02-09 03:46 AM
    So does that mean u can pop in a sim card from att and it would work?
    Once it's unlocked, yes. That's the beauty of unlocking a phone.

People have Storms running on AT&T and T-Mobile doing just this.
    08-02-09 03:50 AM
    Great, I just checked mine and everything has "Disabled" next to it. I'm assuming mine is completely unlocked straight outta the box.
    08-02-09 06:30 AM
    my first tour wasnt unlocked. i got it unlock by cellunlock.net. i went into sprint store last week to exchange. i guess from im reading here it came unlocked. everything says "disabled" (sim/network/network subset/service provider/corporate)
    08-03-09 01:30 PM
    Yes its locked.

Is it necessary for me to purchase an AT&T SIM account for the purpose your using your SIM card for? I would like an extra SIM just for my wife when she is in poor Sprint coverage areas too. Thanks
    08-13-09 10:55 PM
    Just found out mine is UNLOCKED and I didn't even put in a code for it, SWEET!

Last edited by NotYaAverageBro; 11-22-09 at 05:24 PM.
    08-15-09 06:52 AM
    Just got my Tour yesterday from Best Buy. The last 3 numbers beside battery are 004. I went to Sim card options and mine says "disabled". I guess mine came from the factory unlocked. BTW--1 battery pull after initial activation and absolutely no issues since.
    08-16-09 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD