My phone is hard locked. The unlock code was put in wrong ten times.
    Now it's not letting me put the code in.
    How do i fix this?
    Is it something Verizon or another carrier could fix.

The phone is verizon. I'm At&t.
    08-29-10 11:26 PM
    I thought the Tour came fully unlocked?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 12:46 AM
    Sprint Tour's come unlocked but Verizon ones don't.

OP, you need to take your phone into a cell phone shop so they can re-program it. There's nothing you or a carrier can do to unlock your phone. Why did you use up all 10 tries? If the code didn't work the first time then it won't work the tenth time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 01:36 AM
    Yep. It's now permanently locked and cannot be unlocked to a different carrier.

There's no way around it.
    08-30-10 05:57 AM
    wow that sucks.
    08-30-10 04:43 PM
    I didn't know a thing about unlocking the phone. it was supposed to be unlocked. i was just trying to get the mep thing out of the way. i screwed myself by being ignorant.
    so can verizon reprogram it or are they incapable?
    Through certain updates and such things i've seen 7000 models return all ten meps. but i don't know how to on this phone. the 9630.
    08-31-10 12:27 AM
    You can still get your device unlocked. However, you will not be able to enter remote codes. You will have to give your device to a shop that has the capability of cable unlocking. This will be more expensive, since special software is necessary.
    08-31-10 12:37 AM
    Would you be able to tell me where i could find a specialty shop like this. I'm sure it'd be worth it since i bought the phone for $200 and it is inoperable. any idea how much it would cost?
    09-03-10 11:13 PM
    need an unlock code please help me out!!!
    05-22-12 05:27 PM
    There is a way around it.

OP needs to take his phone to an unlocking shop. They'll be able to reset the unlock attempts counter.

There have also been instances when BlackBerry have been able to reset the counter, but it is far from guaranteed that they'll help. 10 attempts is quite a few to use up.
    05-24-12 06:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD