I have a tmobile blackberry 8320 curve. I ordered an unlock code from a 3rd party company and they email me my code but I got a "code error, please wait" message. I think it's because I have 0 tries left. Is there a way to completely reset the curve to factory settings? I've already tried going into security options, general, and choosing wipe hand held but that doesn't work. I've also tried holding down alt+right shift+del to reset it but that doesn't work. Does anyone know how I can get my number of unlocking attempts back to 10? Also, I've tried to put my at&t sim in my tmobile blackberry but it says "invalid sim" at the top. Will that change once it's been unlocked?
    02-21-10 02:56 PM
    If you used up all your attempts at unlocking by entering the wrong code (or an incorrect code that you were given) you need to take the BlackBerry to a shop that does cable unlocking. You cannot unlock it with a code at that point.
    02-21-10 02:59 PM
    I have a tmobile blackberry 8320 curve. I ordered an unlock code from a 3rd party company and they email me my code but I got a "code error, please wait" message. I think it's because I have 0 tries left. Is there a way to completely reset the curve to factory settings? I've already tried going into security options, general, and choosing wipe hand held but that doesn't work. I've also tried holding down alt+right shift+del to reset it but that doesn't work. Does anyone know how I can get my number of unlocking attempts back to 10? Also, I've tried to put my at&t sim in my tmobile blackberry but it says "invalid sim" at the top. Will that change once it's been unlocked?
    Doing that won't solve anything. Needs to be cable unlocked at a local shop.
    02-21-10 03:42 PM
    We can unlock it for you but we would need the phone physically.
    02-21-10 05:03 PM
    Hi everyone.
    This site has been a life saver in the past to me. But I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to concerning "unlocking."
    I am not tech savvy. So this may sound stupid.
    I have a Blackberry Curve 8330 from Bell. It is no longer activate and I want to take it to another provider. I have read all answers on how to unlock. BUT my BB does not have SIM card. There isn't an SIM option under Advanced Options.
    Does that mean it's not locked and I can use it with another provider or does it have to be unlocked another way?

Thanks everyone for your time.
    Cheers
    03-05-10 05:44 PM
    You need a sim card in order for those options to appear

It can be unlocked whether its active on Bell or not.
    03-05-10 05:48 PM
    Yeah, I got that part figured out.
    My question is..

Does that mean it's not locked and I can use it with another provider OR does it have to be unlocked another way?
    03-05-10 05:51 PM
    Can't be answered without putting in a sim card inside, but more than likely it's not.
    03-05-10 05:53 PM
    Yeah, I got that part figured out.
    My question is..

Does that mean it's not locked and I can use it with another provider OR does it have to be unlocked another way?
    If you have no SIM card slot in the phone then it can't be unlocked.
    03-05-10 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD