Hello All,

I have AT&T and I unlocked a blackberry 8900 from T-mobile. The phone belonged to my cousin. I got it to work. It's unlocked and my AT&T sim card works. I can make phone calls. I can text. I can use the internet. The only thing I can't do, as far as I can tell, is use BBM and/or AIM.

Also, the "edge" is lower cased, instead of the usual EDGE.

If anyone can help me fix the problem, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thank you.
    05-02-10 02:02 AM
    Sounds like you need the T-Mobile service books. StoreItOnThe.Net | T-Mobile Service Books

You can search the forum on how to install these.
    05-02-10 04:04 AM
    Hello All,

I have AT&T and I unlocked a blackberry 8900 from T-mobile. The phone belonged to my cousin. I got it to work. It's unlocked and my AT&T sim card works. I can make phone calls. I can text. I can use the internet. The only thing I can't do, as far as I can tell, is use BBM and/or AIM.

Thank you.
    It sounds like you don't have the BlackBerry Data Plan. Have AT&T add this to your account, do a reboot of your device and the service books will be automatically pushed out to your device.
    05-02-10 10:17 AM
    It sounds like you don't have the BlackBerry Data Plan. Have AT&T add this to your account, do a reboot of your device and the service books will be automatically pushed out to your device.
    He's right. The lowercase letters mean there isn't an active BB plan on your account.
    05-02-10 12:51 PM
    Any luck with the Blackberry plan? You'll definitely need it to get AIM and BBM working. But if we're wrong and you already have it, you might want to make sure that the Blackberry is released from your cousins account and added to yours.

Tricks of the trade my friend! Welcome to the wonderful world of Blackberry...its a dark...dark world
    05-03-10 09:59 PM
    Hello All,

Thank you.
    Let us know if loading the Service Books fixed the problem. You might also need to get the PIN released by T-Mobile.
    05-03-10 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD