I believe I have done this properly, but here's the issue. I've gotten myself an unlock code for my ROGERS curve 8520, I've gone through and done the mepd and mep2. Punched in my unlock code, and it told me that my phone is now unlocked. HURRAY!

...But when I put in my sim from my Virgin Mobile (canada) smartphone [not a blackberry, unfortunately], It only shows up with SOS. I've gone back in to the MEPD, and it shows me this:

SIM: Disabled
    Network: Disabled
    Network Subset: Disabled.
    Service Provider: Disabled.
    Corporate: Disabled.

Now, I've looked around on the internet, and as far as I know, it should be unlocked, and I should be able to use my SIM in it. But it's not working. The phone isn't getting anything from it, other than the telephone number. The SIM works fine in my HTC Legend, but not the "unlocked" phone.

Any suggestions anyone?
    12-05-10 06:12 PM
    Virgin Canada only has a 3G/HSPA+ network, there is no EDGE like with Rogers.

Your phone only has EDGE support so it will not work on Virgins 3G/HSPA+ Network.
    12-05-10 06:34 PM
    I believe that Virgin Mobile Canada uses HSPA.

The 8520 is a GSM device.

The two are not compatible.
    12-05-10 06:36 PM
    Yep both right. The 8520 is not compatible with Virgin, Telus, and Bell. Only Rogers and Fido.
    12-05-10 10:32 PM
    k so ive gone out and unlocked my bb to find out that it doesnt work on anyhting but fido/rogers. FML! because the people @ bell and telus are too ******** to know the answer that it will not work on their network UGH! anyways now that ive dumped the money on unlocking the phone i now need a provider, and as far as im aware fido/rogers are my only options with this stupid phone. unless anyone knows any other networks it will work on that are in ontario . . .

thanks, mike
    12-20-10 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD