I got my blackberry curve 8520 yesterday, and i found out i cant use internet, bbm or the other stuff, i can call and send text messages to my friends and family but that's it really.

I bought the phone online, so i'm not sure if it's locked or not, i actually dont know how to figure it out :S
    it didn't say if it was unlocked when i bought it, so i assume it's locked.
    I dont know if it's because of my phone company or not.
    I use a phone company called Telenor which is norwegian, but it's the same as vodafone i guess.

So what I need help with is how to find out if its locked, and if it is, can someone tell me about a few good and cheap unlocking sites?
    06-22-11 05:10 AM
    The phone is unlocked if you can call and text with it.
    Bbm will only work if you have a BlackBerry data plan and the carrier holds the phones MEID. This gives the carrier the power to give you data. Unless you hack service books into the phone yourself. You can't get data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Libbyyy_93 likes this.
    06-22-11 05:32 AM
    there's a company called Trigcom which is owned by another phone company that has everything to bb, they only have bb. but the phone company i use has nothing to do with trigcom or the other phone company..
    but do i have to change phone company to get a blackberry data plan, or is there another way to get it?
    06-22-11 06:02 AM
    You need to get the other carrier (the phones first carrier), which in your case would be vodaphone, to release the PIN.

Which is quite difficult.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 06:41 AM
    Oh, ok..
    What do you mean with release the PIN? because I have it already.
    06-22-11 06:54 AM
    your Blackberry is unlocked.
    call your carrier / update your service book.
    06-23-11 06:12 PM
    you can google moving service books over or pm any of the ulnocker's online here i'm sure they'd give you instructions on moving them over to your new network
    06-26-11 01:54 PM
    You can contact us, we can serve you online you just have to give us your mobile details at our link...
    07-04-11 10:27 AM
    I got my blackberry curve 8520 yesterday, and i found out i cant use internet, bbm or the other stuff, i can call and send text messages to my friends and family but that's it really.

I bought the phone online, so i'm not sure if it's locked or not, i actually dont know how to figure it out :S
    I use a phone company called Telenor which is norwegian, but it's the same as vodafone i guess.

So what I need help with is how to find out if its locked, and if it is, can someone tell me about a few good and cheap unlocking sites?
    Yeah sounds like it's locked. Check to see what the sim personalization screen says
    07-04-11 01:53 PM
    if your using a sim card in your phone that doesn't belong to the original carrier of the phone and it's sending calls and texts than no it's NOT locked, it's unlocked. you have to move the data package over to your new network.
    07-04-11 05:50 PM

Were you finally able to get this all straightened out? Juggling carriers and services is never fun...
    07-05-11 11:12 AM
    I have sorted it out, well, more like figured out what I have to do.
    I'll have to change phone company that supports BBs, the one i already have doesnt. Thanks for all the help though
    07-11-11 04:43 PM
    That's why we are all here
    07-11-11 07:23 PM
    Wow...didn't realize there were still companies out there without BIS :S

Thank you Canada!
    07-12-11 09:24 PM
    Yes, you can figure out easily whether your BB is locked or not, you just have to follow these steps:-
    1. Go to Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card
    2. Type in “MEPD”

And if your BB is locked, than simply contact your carrier and fulfill their conditions in order to get unlock code .....

Thanks .........
    08-27-11 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD