ok got a BB Storm by verizon, i got the sim unlocked and put an ATT sim but i cant get the internet to work or anything such as emails, BB to BB chat, it doesnt register my pin on the phone, however in status it shows the pin. i had my carrier give me a couple days of internet service so thats not the issue. any help?

i tried switching OS's but i dont guess its working.

BB Storm 9530
    02-18-10 09:34 AM
    You will need to call Verizon and have them release the PIN so that you can transfer the PIN to AT&T. Unfortunately, if the phone was previously activated, it is not as simple to move the service over to another carrier as you might think.

However, if you yourself purchased and activated the phone, a quick call to Verizon should be all you need to get yourself up and running.
    02-18-10 11:09 AM
    It needs to be a BIS or a BES plan for all those functions to work.
    02-18-10 06:27 PM
    ok i got my pin, internet works sometimes.. i have the "edge" on the signal. some people say "EDGE" is better. im not sure how to change this. also i still says verizon when i power it up. is that suppose to be removed with certain software?
    02-19-10 12:25 PM
    The Verizon logo pretty much cannot be removed (It's possible to do with some low level programming I believe, but I highly don't recommend doing this). EDGE means you have a more solid internet connection, this can be helped by using different OS's. Some OS radios work better for the GSM radios than others.
    02-19-10 01:55 PM
    Glad you got it sorted out. For the connectivity problem, if you're dropping to edge, you're losing your data connection. That could be because you're too far from the nearest cell tower, or it could be the OS version like Amavit suggested.

There are a couple of big threads about using the Storm on AT&T and T-Mobile. Check those out as they will have more information on what you should do to get the best connection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 05:34 PM
    figured out att gave me only the data plan i called and had them give me teh BB data plan. all is good, thanks everyone here at crackberry, goodnight, im goin drinking
    02-19-10 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD