First Post Ever, Looking for a Positive Feedback!

I have recently unlocked BB Strom 9530 that I had been using with verizon. But when I made the switch to AT&T, I lost my Browser ICON. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips that are on here but yet still not been able to get the Browser ICON. I believe I am missing the Browser Configuration Service Book Entires for my device, but I am not sure how I can possibly do that. I do have an access to my e-mails on the phone.

I have tried some Methods that were shown on CrackBerry.com to How To Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on AT&T w/Unlocked Storm for 9500 but I guess it was not for 9530 ... I was not been able to get through using the same setting or files because these files probably support the BB Storm 9500 not 9530 model...

I am seeking for help if someone can CRACK this case open ... No one else would more apperciate than me!
    08-10-09 04:58 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/
    Thy this again it will help with the browser.
    08-10-09 07:52 AM
    SIRHIL: nice avatar! lol.

GSC818: Reload the service books. You can do that by logging into the same AT&T site that you use to add and manage your email addy's. If that doesn't work, call AT&T blackberry support and have them resend the service books. I had a simular issue and reloading the service books worked for me.
    Last edited by blkbryadict; 08-10-09 at 08:00 AM. Reason: correct punctuation
    08-10-09 07:59 AM
    You can also ask questions in that other thread the author pltaylor often will respond and help as will others who have already done this, it CAN be done.
    08-10-09 08:04 AM
    Thanks, pkcable! I actually just got in touch with pltaylor but yet haven't been to able to solved the issue.

Thanks for the suggestion, Sirhil. Actually I used the first method, but I am getting stuck to a point where it ask you for a device password when I try to open the CrackUtil wondow...I am not sure which password its asking for...but when I leave it blank "Password is incorrect or Phone is not connecting" error pops up. I am not sure how to get through this step.

Please advise if you or anyone may have any suggestion to get through this step. Thanks

And, blkbryadict, actually I already tried the suggestion given by you, but it didnt work on my BB storm. At&T were able to send me the service book and were able to help me setup my email but were not been able to get me the BROWSER ICON on my phone...so? If any other suggestion please feel free. Thanks.
    08-10-09 09:45 PM
    I did alot of research and found the service book for at&t and installed it. You have to talk to verizon and tell them to release your pin, before u register on att network. You also must make sure they get your imei right on ATT network or EDGE and browsing will not work right. For a day there i was going between EDGE and edge, then i called them and found out the imei number was in att switch wrong.

Phone works good, except for no 3g.

Hopefully that will be fixed if att adopts Storm 2.

David
    08-11-09 02:53 AM
    Thanks David, I think that might help. I would follow as you instructed.

Gagan
    08-11-09 03:45 AM
    Hello David, I called Verizon but they couldn't do anything for me, they told me since I am not using their service they can't really do anything with the phone.
    08-11-09 04:05 PM
    I actually have this issue too. I have MMS now. I can see pictures now, and video now which I couldn't before. I have reloaded the service books twice now. I have been on the AT&T bb site and resent the service books updated the pin and the IEME. Resent the registration. I have followed the instructions on Crackberry. I have followed the instructions from Pltaylor and changed the addresses of the servers from Verizon to AT&T. I have full functionality EXEPT.....no browser icon. It is truly just the missing icon. I have thought about pulling the bb_Browser_daemon file from another storm using crackberry utilities, trying to copy it, then puting it back in the phone, plugging in the unlocked phone and bringing in that browser file with the crack utility and bb manager to see if that will bring th icon back. But I am not sure that is the file for the icon. I realize it is not just the icon but the browser functionality, the "thing" that gets you on the internet to choose where you want to go rather than only being able to follow links. Is there anyone out there that can help me?? Please! I am at my witts end with this.
    10-20-09 10:26 PM
    Very weird. When I did mine I actually got 2 browser icons and had to delete one. I just followed Pltaylor's instructions.
    10-20-09 10:58 PM
    Did you guys tried the newer easier method at berryology.com? I paid $10 buck to solve this issue but you guys can me hit me up.. gsc818 at yahoo for more info! ill help ya set up your phone step by step..
    10-27-09 04:57 AM
    Did you guys tried the newer easier method at berryology.com? I paid $10 buck to solve this issue but you guys can me hit me up.. gsc818 at yahoo for more info! ill help ya set up your phone step by step..
    Did the browser stick. Mine goes away everytime I do a battery pull.
    11-01-09 11:01 AM
    I actually have this issue too. I have MMS now. I can see pictures now, and video now which I couldn't before. I have reloaded the service books twice now. I have been on the AT&T bb site and resent the service books updated the pin and the IEME. Resent the registration. I have followed the instructions on Crackberry. I have followed the instructions from Pltaylor and changed the addresses of the servers from Verizon to AT&T. I have full functionality EXEPT.....no browser icon. It is truly just the missing icon. I have thought about pulling the bb_Browser_daemon file from another storm using crackberry utilities, trying to copy it, then puting it back in the phone, plugging in the unlocked phone and bringing in that browser file with the crack utility and bb manager to see if that will bring th icon back. But I am not sure that is the file for the icon. I realize it is not just the icon but the browser functionality, the "thing" that gets you on the internet to choose where you want to go rather than only being able to follow links. Is there anyone out there that can help me?? Please! I am at my witts end with this.

I have the same issues. Mine was working perfectly until I upgraded to the new 5.0 OS. I'm on AT&T and figured I'd have to put in my service books again but everything else works but my browser. When I open CrackUtil and try to load my files it gives me an I/O error 32 (I think it's 32..) and won't let me get into my programs to follow taylor's instructions. Any ideas?
    11-03-09 11:42 PM
    every time i upgrade the OS on my at&t storm i have to go throguh the steps of removing browser_daemon, load att service books, put back browser_daemon, set the APN, register with network, resend svc books.

works fine for me, but it takes an hour or so to pick up a solid EDGE connection
    11-04-09 12:08 AM
    any time i try to get crackutil going to get in there and re-do everything, something goes wrong. when i try to retrieve the list it gives me an "I/O error" message. Does CrackUtil not work with the new 5.0 OS?
    11-04-09 01:10 PM
    I did alot of research and found the service book for at&t and installed it. You have to talk to verizon and tell them to release your pin, before u register on att network. You also must make sure they get your imei right on ATT network or EDGE and browsing will not work right. For a day there i was going between EDGE and edge, then i called them and found out the imei number was in att switch wrong.

Phone works good, except for no 3g.

Hopefully that will be fixed if att adopts Storm 2.

David
    im having trouble getting my browser to work. i did everything i was suppose to get browser and mms but at the top of my phone it says edge and not EDGE. how do i get it to change to EDGE? thanks
    12-17-09 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD