Hello, I bought a used Q10 the other day from a store and it was sold as an unlocked phone. When I put my SIM card in it says network locked. I brought it to my carrier that I'm trying to use the phone with and they say that whoever sold it screwed up and that it is not unlocked. So i brought it back to the place i bought it from and they said sorry we must not have put in the unlocking code before we put it on the shelf, so we tried the codes and they wouldn't work. Than the guy at the store put in his koodo sim card(That is the carrier that I'm trying to use) and the phone worked. So they think it is something on the koodo side. He said that they can lock sim cards so that if your sim card is stolen it can not be used on other phones. Is this true, anyone know what is happening? Just looking for some quick help because both sides don't really seem to know what is wrong. Also when i go to settings>security and privacy> Simcard it says network subset unlocked and service provider unlocked.
    03-11-14 09:34 AM
    Check if you can try yet another SIM so you can see if the problem only occurs with your own SIM.
    03-11-14 09:57 AM
    Check if you can try yet another SIM so you can see if the problem only occurs with your own SIM.
    I have a family member who has a koodo sim card aswell and theres is doing the same as mine
    03-11-14 10:00 AM
    That's weird if the store representative was able to get the phone to work. Only thing you can do is go back to the store and have it replaced I guess. There are people here on the forums who've unlocked their device. I hope one of them can help you figure this out.
    03-11-14 03:34 PM
    Yeah kind of confusing, I've looked on some forums here to see how you know if the device Is unlocked and they say go to sim card and see if network subset and network provider is unlocked and they both are. I bought it at a "pawn shop" type of store so maybe thought they just screwed up but it seems to be unlocked. They've been good at trying to help but there end seems to be done right. I'm going to have to bring it to koodo again and show that it says it's unlocked and see what happens, might just be given a new sim card perhaps
    03-11-14 04:43 PM
    Yeah kind of confusing, I've looked on some forums here to see how you know if the device Is unlocked and they say go to sim card and see if network subset and network provider is unlocked and they both are. I bought it at a "pawn shop" type of store so maybe thought they just screwed up but it seems to be unlocked. They've been good at trying to help but there end seems to be done right. I'm going to have to bring it to koodo again and show that it says it's unlocked and see what happens, might just be given a new sim card perhaps
    It has to say:

Network = Unlocked
    Network Subset = Unlocked
    Service Provider = Unlocked
    03-11-14 05:02 PM
    When I go to sim card it only shows subnetwork and provider. Where do I see network? Or does it only show network if it is unlocked
    03-11-14 05:09 PM
    When I go to sim card it only shows subnetwork and provider. Where do I see network? Or does it only show network if it is unlocked
    I believe so. But all my phones are unlocked so I can't check to see what a "locked" phone says.

If I recall correctly there should be a bar that you can tap to "Unlock Network". The one that gives you 10 tries.

Like this one.

Need Help knowing if my phone is unlocked-bb10unlock-step4.jpg

Can you post a screen shot of your phone?
    03-11-14 06:13 PM
    Same as the one you posted but neither say Network. Only network subset and service provider. Phone won't send an attachment but it's the exact same as the one posted. Where i bought it from sent me codes to unlock it but none worked, than when i brought it in they said it was already unlocked
    03-11-14 06:18 PM
    Is the phone locked to Telus by any chance if so it will work with a Koodo SIM without being unlocked. They are sister companies.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 06:33 PM
    Not a clue who previous carrier was but I have put my sim card in and it doesn't work so guessing not Telus
    03-11-14 06:38 PM
    Same as the one you posted but neither say Network. Only network subset and service provider. Phone won't send an attachment but it's the exact same as the one posted. Where i bought it from sent me codes to unlock it but none worked, than when i brought it in they said it was already unlocked
    Enable the shared files permission...

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    03-11-14 06:40 PM
    Enable the shared files permission...

Where can that be found?
    03-11-14 06:47 PM
    Where can that be found?
    settings > security and privacy > application permissions > cb10 > shared files

03-11-14 06:57 PM
    Need Help knowing if my phone is unlocked-img_20140311_191719.png

Thank you, here's when my sim card settings look like
    03-11-14 07:05 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140311_191719.png 
Views:	148 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	254356

Thank you, here's when my sim card settings look like
    You phone is NOT unlocked! Take it back and get them to unlock it.
    03-11-14 07:19 PM
    You phone is NOT unlocked! Take it back and get them to unlock it.
    Know because the unlock network button is still available? Supposed to be completely gone and disabled when already unlocked assuming?
    FrankIAm and bungaboy like this.
    03-11-14 07:21 PM
    Know because the unlock network button is still available? Supposed to be completely gone and disabled when already unlocked assuming?
    I was going to show what locked looked like but apparently I'm unlocked. So judging by my screen, I'm going to say correct - it will be gone if unlocked.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-11-14 07:33 PM
    Alright thanks guys, gonna be interesting now since we already tried there code they had to unlock the phone but will see what they say
    03-11-14 07:36 PM
    Bingo! You are 100% correct.

If it was a Rogers phone you only enter the last 8 digits of the 16 digit unlock code.

I would still take it back and get them to do it. That way if they mess it up, you either get another phone or your money back.
    03-11-14 07:41 PM
    If your phone is unlocked it will look like this in the SIM card section.

Bob
    Need Help knowing if my phone is unlocked-img_00000263.png

Posted With Either My BlackBerry Q10 Or My Z10 On AT&T
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-11-14 07:55 PM
    Hi. I can't figure out how to start a new thread!!!! (If a mod reads this, perhaps they could move this to the relevant place?)
    I have a BB curve 9320 and am trying to get it unlocked (it's with vodafone UK). Thing is, the menu they keep telling me to access doesn't exist....they (VF) gave me the unlock code, but there ARE no options under SIM -- all I have are ID: then a long number; under that it says Phone numbers: and under that, it says unknown number. The live chat agent kept telling me to type in mepd .....but then I don't get a prompt to enter the unlock code!!! The page is headed 'SIM card: security disabled ', then under that, the ID again, then it says SIM disabled, network: active, network subset disabled, service provider disabled, corporate disabled ..
    What does all this mean? And why can't I get the prompt for the unlock code?? (My nearest vodafone shop doesn;t have a 'techie' and they don;t do unlocking anyway..... I don't have time to send it off anywhere before I need it, and I have totally lost faith in the so-called tech department after 3hr on to them last night and they can't even tell me the correct menu!!! Please someone help!!
    03-11-14 08:44 PM
    Google how to unlock your specific model. That's how i figured out how to unlock my 9360. Legacy devices have a totally different process.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 02:37 AM
    Bingo! You are 100% correct.

If it was a Rogers phone you only enter the last 8 digits of the 16 digit unlock code.

I would still take it back and get them to do it. That way if they mess it up, you either get another phone or your money back.
    How to Enter the Unlock Code into my Blackberry Z10 OR Q10? | eBay
    Here it says use first 8 digits, are you 100% sure that it is last 8 digits?
    and anohter one here:
    http://bharathunlockers.com/product-...ide-Codes.html
    03-12-14 09:32 AM