Hi, i recently bought a blackberry tour 9630 from Craigslist. The device is currently locked to verizon wireless network. Now i have a T-mobile sim card in it. when i turn on the phone it asked me for a MEP Network code which i don't have. I try calling verizon and they said to take it to a technical store. now i been reading about this remote unlock which is provide by the carrier now is there any way i can get this code from verizon even though i am not a customer. Your help will be appreciate it. Thank you in advance
    01-30-10 11:55 AM
    First get the unlock code from verizon or you can pay for an unlock code, there are great companies on CB for that, then follow these directions:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/fa...ing%2C+tmobile
    01-30-10 11:57 AM
    thank you for your quick response, but would i be able to get the code from verizon even thought i am not a customer. and if yes what should i say when i call sorry for the ignorance but i m new to this blackberry stuff. Thanks again
    01-30-10 12:00 PM
    Verizon probably will not give it to you but it would be your only free option so it is worth a shot. You just have to ask them for it, it will also take them a couple weeks to get it to you. If you pay for it many companies here on CB can have you unlocked in hours or less
    Last edited by AZBBFAN; 01-30-10 at 12:15 PM.
    01-30-10 12:04 PM
    ok. Great Thank you for your help
    01-30-10 12:07 PM
    Verizon unfortunately won't give you the code if you're not a customer with them. You can use any of us 3rd party unlockers and we can get you your unlock code fairly quickly!

Let us know if you have any other questions
    01-30-10 12:24 PM
    Hi, i recently bought a blackberry tour 9630 from Craigslist. The device is currently locked to verizon wireless network. Now i have a T-mobile sim card in it. when i turn on the phone it asked me for a MEP Network code which i don't have. I try calling verizon and they said to take it to a technical store. now i been reading about this remote unlock which is provide by the carrier now is there any way i can get this code from verizon even though i am not a customer. Your help will be appreciate it. Thank you in advance
    We or any of us of unlockers can help you unlock your Blackberry. We can send you the code right away and you will be able to use the phone with T-Mobile. We can also offer you a good price to unlock your Blackberry.
    01-30-10 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD