Hello, Does Anyone Know How To Unlock An Bb Curve 8330 From Alltel. I Need Step By Step Please.........thanks Alot.....mike P/S ......WHEN I GO TO OPTIONS, ADV OPTIONS, MINE HAS NOTHING ABOUT AN SIM CARD. ALLTEL DOSENT HAVE SIM CARDS AS FAR AS I KNOW.......HELP.....help
    Last edited by evot123; 03-13-09 at 02:11 PM.
    03-13-09 01:54 PM
    Read the sticky. I unlocked a few phones and it's real simple. I just can't memorize the steps.

EDIT:

Options - Advanced Options - Sim Card - type MEPD then MEP2

and hey presto.
    Then just input the unlock code and then super presto!

Posteded frum ny CwackBery @ wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by filipinoy973; 03-13-09 at 02:00 PM.
    03-13-09 01:57 PM
    8330 is a cdma phone with no SIM card so unlocking is not possible. You need to buy a phone branded for the carrier you would like to activate it on.
    03-13-09 02:12 PM
    filipinoy973, did you even read the OP?

As stated above, you can't unlock it. You can only use it on Alltel. If you need a phone for another CDMA carrier, you need to purchase a phone for that network.
    03-13-09 05:09 PM
    Haha oops. Just realized it. I feel almost as stupid as when I picked the remote to turn the volume down on my computer. But now that I know, I heard of some people who used sprint phones on verizon and such. I don't know if cdma phones are actually locked/programmed to a carrier but I read people who had it reprogrammed by the someone working for the carrier to work for that carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 07:44 PM
    filipinoy973, too funny!

It happens to all of us at one time or another.
    03-13-09 08:37 PM
    filipinoy973, did you even read the OP?

As stated above, you can't unlock it. You can only use it on Alltel. If you need a phone for another CDMA carrier, you need to purchase a phone for that network.
    all of these posts saying you can't do it is not true. there is literally another post/thread of someone trying to unlock their alltel phone and there is steps on how to.
    07-26-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD