On my tour from US Cellular I go to Options>Advanced Options>Sim Card, and typed "MEPD" and this is what I see:

SIM. Disabled
    Network. Disabled
    Network Subset. Disabled
    Service Provider. Disabled
    Corporate. Disabled

I am traveling out of the country in few weeks, and I was told that the above means my phone is already unlocked, but I'm not sure. Could someone with a little more experience than me help me out and let me know.
    Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 06:40 AM
    Yes that means that this phone is unlocked.

12-11-09 08:13 AM
    Great, thank you

12-11-09 09:06 AM
    On my tour from US Cellular I go to Options>Advanced Options>Sim Card, and typed "MEPD" and this is what I see:

SIM. Disabled
    Network. Disabled
    Network Subset. Disabled
    Corporate. Disabled

I am traveling out of the country in few weeks, and I was told that the above means my phone is already unlocked, but I'm not sure. Could someone with a little more experience than me help me out and let me know.
    Thanks in advance.

Yes as mentioned above, your Blackberry is already unlocked and you will be able to use it with any GSM Sim card.
    12-11-09 11:23 AM
    Should have ask this before, but do I just insert the sim card, or are there any special instructions I need to follow?

12-11-09 12:01 PM
    Should have ask this before, but do I just insert the sim card, or are there any special instructions I need to follow?

You want to insert the SIM card you will be using and then go to Options/Mobile Network and change Technology to GSM/UMTS and then select 2G.
    12-11-09 12:03 PM
    Thanks for all your help.

12-11-09 12:09 PM
    More then welcome. If you need any assistance let us know.

Have a safe trip!
    12-11-09 12:11 PM
    So, do you get a SIM card in the US, or in Europe? How does that work in terms of cost for data and phone calls? What is the cost of using the Tour in Europe for phone calls? It looks like USC charges $1.99 per minute overseas, is that the cost if you get a Sim card to use?
    12-20-09 06:22 PM
    So, do you get a SIM card in the US, or in Europe? How does that work in terms of cost for data and phone calls? What is the cost of using the Tour in Europe for phone calls? It looks like USC charges $1.99 per minute overseas, is that the cost if you get a Sim card to use?
    Best will be to get the SIM once you get to your destination, that way you'll be able to compare the plans and what each provider has to offer.
    12-20-09 11:04 PM
    That's not true.

My US Cellular Tour 9630 also has the following settings. When I popped in a T-Mobile SIM card and restart the phone, it says: Enter PIN code (10 left). Does this mean my phone is still locked? Is it possible to unlock US Cellular Tour 9630 to use for T-Mobile?

SIM. Disabled
    Network. Disabled
    Network Subset. Disabled
    Corporate. Disabled

Thanks
    05-26-10 11:06 AM
    That's not true.

My US Cellular Tour 9630 also has the following settings. When I popped in a T-Mobile SIM card and restart the phone, it says: Enter PIN code (10 left). Does this mean my phone is still locked? Is it possible to unlock US Cellular Tour 9630 to use for T-Mobile?

SIM. Disabled
    Network. Disabled
    Network Subset. Disabled
    Corporate. Disabled

Thanks
    All says Disabled, which mean your phone is unlocked. When you power the phone, it seems your phone is asking for the SIM PIN number which should be 4 digits and which is also usually set by the user.
    05-26-10 11:15 AM
    You're a genius!!!

It is unlocked. You saved me at least $10...I was planning to buy an unlock code from ebay.

It works after I updated Mobile Network Technology to GSM/UMTS and 3G & 2G. One question, it still show the original owner's phone number when I make a call. It shows on the right side as My Number. Any idea?

Thank you very much.
    05-26-10 12:12 PM
    You're a genius!!!

It is unlocked. You saved me at least $10...I was planning to buy an unlock code from ebay.

It works after I updated Mobile Network Technology to GSM/UMTS and 3G & 2G. One question, it still show the original owner's phone number when I make a call. It shows on the right side as My Number. Any idea?

Thank you very much.
    Great! You might need to order the MSL code but before try the following, press SEND #000000 SEND, does the phone enter the CDMA programming mode?
    05-26-10 12:15 PM
    Sorry, I am new to blackberry.

Do you mean enter #000000 then hit call (green phone icon)? It tries to complete the call and the operator says to complete the call pls dial 1...

I don't know how to get the word SEND + #000000 + SEND.
    05-26-10 12:28 PM
    Sorry, I am new to blackberry.

Do you mean enter #000000 then hit call (green phone icon)? It tries to complete the call and the operator says to complete the call pls dial 1...

I don't know how to get the word SEND + #000000 + SEND.
    Geen phone key ##000000 Green phone key
    05-26-10 12:29 PM
    A pop up msg says 'invalid password!'
    05-26-10 12:37 PM
    A pop up msg says 'invalid password!'
    Ok that means your phone has a preset MSL code. We can get it for you, PM us or email us for more info.
    05-26-10 12:45 PM
    What is the purpose of MSL code? Do I need it? What is your name and email address?

Thanks
    05-26-10 12:51 PM
    What is the purpose of MSL code? Do I need it? What is your name and email address?

Thanks
    Only purpose is to program the CDMA side of the phone and change the number that appears. You can also try changing it in Options/Advanced Options/SIM card and then click on Menu and SIM number.
    05-26-10 01:13 PM
    Under SIM Card, I see an ID number (very long) and Phone Number (my correct phone number). No other menu. Should I email you at sales@cellunlock.net?
    05-26-10 01:45 PM
    Ok that means the phone detected your SIM number, The only other way then to change the number that appears on the screen when you're in the dial mode, will be to get the MSL code for your phone.
    05-26-10 01:48 PM
    You are very helpful. Thank you very much. I just sent you a PM.
    05-26-10 02:26 PM
    I have a US Cellular Blackberry Tour, but i am currently using an AT&T phone. I have reviewed other post reguarding how to unlock the blackberry. But I wanted to make sure i was doing everything right. The blackberry has this listed when i don't have the sim card in.

SIM. Disabled
    Network. Disabled
    Network Subset. Disabled
    Corporate. Disabled

I inserted the AT&T sim card and i restarted the phone and i started to receive my text messages but im not able to reply or make phone calls. Help?
    10-30-11 10:06 AM
    You need to set the unit into 2g and gsm in mobile network options under manage connections
    10-30-11 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD