my unlocked blackberry is saying activation required i dont know how to fix this can some one help me!!!
    02-25-10 09:26 PM
    Did u call your service provider? I also heard that u cant just stick a SIM card in the phone and expect it to work just like that.You have to have the phone provisioned for ur network considering the Tour was made for CDMA networks such as SPRINT> and Verizon. T-mobile works on EDGE / UMA(WIFI) U might have to walk it in to ur carrier for them to assist u.
    02-25-10 09:50 PM
    my unlocked blackberry is saying activation required i dont know how to fix this can some one help me!!!
    Try the forum search function
    02-25-10 09:55 PM
    This thread is about the Storm, but the tips mentioned would also apply to the Tour on T-Mobile. http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/
    02-25-10 09:56 PM
    If u stick a brand new SIM card into yur device u have to activate it. If u used yur SIM previously u may still have to register yur new device with yur provider.
    02-25-10 10:21 PM
    Do a search. There have been a couple of threads on this. The gist of the issue is that your sim card slot may be unlocked, but your phone is still a CDMA phone. If the phone was provisioned onto a CDMA carrier's network, the activation required message will appear. If it was not provisioned, you may have some work cut out for you considering that a phone needs to have been previously provisioned before you can get the MSL code.
    02-26-10 06:34 AM
    If you Tour is from Verizon you can do the following:
    P
    ress the Send key and then ##000000 and then Send again. The phone will let you program your 10 digit phone number and then pres the meny key and save. The phone will reboot and that message will dissapear.

If your phone Blackberry Tour is from another provider you will need to get the MSL code. We can get them for Sprint.
    02-26-10 09:09 AM
    You have to go to Telus and ask them for a CLS Password to remove that...
    02-26-10 10:40 AM
    i was able to fix it by call #000000 and just changing the number easy thanks guys
    02-26-10 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD