OK heres my situation. I currently have a 9550 with Bell as my active phone. I also own a 9000 with Rogers which is unactive. Im going to be moving in a few months to an area that will support my 9000. I have contacted Rogers and they said they will only unlock it for me after i sign a contract and blah blah blah. Im already in with Bell for a further 2years and dont want to have two cell phone bills at once.

So my understanding is that if i get that 9000 "unlocked" from Rogers i can go into my local Bell store and activate a Bell SIM card and put that in the 9000 and it will work on Bell's network? Even though the phone isnt owned by Bell it will still register on their network because its the SIM card the network is picking up not the phone itself?
    01-27-12 04:37 AM
    Yes

10Char
    01-27-12 05:01 AM
    awesome thanks jsut wanted to make sure that what i was thinking is right...

MODs do your thing
    01-27-12 05:15 AM
    Il provide you a Free unlock Code.

Just Hit ME up on my thread. Rogers dont even have to know lol. You can use your device on any GSM network then.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=7017790
    01-27-12 05:26 AM
    OK heres my situation. I currently have a 9550 with Bell as my active phone. I also own a 9000 with Rogers which is unactive. Im going to be moving in a few months to an area that will support my 9000. I have contacted Rogers and they said they will only unlock it for me after i sign a contract and blah blah blah. Im already in with Bell for a further 2years and dont want to have two cell phone bills at once.

So my understanding is that if i get that 9000 "unlocked" from Rogers i can go into my local Bell store and activate a Bell SIM card and put that in the 9000 and it will work on Bell's network? Even though the phone isnt owned by Bell it will still register on their network because its the SIM card the network is picking up not the phone itself?
    That is correct as the Bold 9000, is HSPA and Bell support HSPA devices.
    01-27-12 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD