so i was just looking around and if i am not mistaken i think my fone is already unlocked?

i am attaching a screen shot of what i can see

please, if any one can let me know if my fone is already unlocked or not???
    08-17-10 11:21 PM
    You're confusing me... What phone is this a screenshot of? Because an 8330, that your profile says, can't be unlocked. But you shouldn't be able to get that screen on an 8330.

But yes, your "Network" says disabled, which means it's unlocked.
    08-17-10 11:41 PM
    i changed it to BB 9700

pls tell me its UNLOCKED :d:d:d
    08-17-10 11:42 PM
    and btw this might be a stupid question. I am planning to travel and will be using that countries SIM card. my bb messenger will not be affected rite? all the contacts?
    08-17-10 11:49 PM
    ok, yes, your phone is unlocked then...

And no, your BBM contacts won't be affected, just make a backup through BBM or the Desktop Manager to be safe. Although, it's not going to work unless you get a BlackBerry Data Plan with the country's SIM you get. Sometimes it's available, but most likely it's not. That would be something to look into before leaving.
    08-17-10 11:57 PM
    No it's not unlocked LOL. The Service Provider line should say disabled as well.
    08-18-10 01:01 AM
    so i was just looking around and if i am not mistaken i think my fone is already unlocked?

i am attaching a screen shot of what i can see

please, if any one can let me know if my fone is already unlocked or not???
    As mentioned above, you need the SP Lock as well for your Blackberry in order to use it with another provider. We can get it for you.
    08-18-10 01:32 AM
    No it's not unlocked LOL. The Service Provider line should say disabled as well.
    Cool, I guess I was wrong.

Everything I've ever read says to just look at the "Network" portion of it to see if it says "disabled" or "inactive" which means it's unlocked. I just figured since the 9700 is a GSM phone that the "Service Provider" part would say "active" because the phone will always be active, and using the SIM, on a GSM network. I've only ever unlocked CDMA world phones, which aren't using the SIM at the time of unlocking. I guess I've never had a reason to check that screen when I've put a SIM in, because it's always worked for me.

Thanks for clearing that up, learn something new everyday on this site...
    08-18-10 01:38 AM
    Cool, I guess I was wrong.

Everything I've ever read says to just look at the "Network" portion of it to see if it says "disabled" or "inactive" which means it's unlocked. I just figured since the 9700 is a GSM phone that the "Service Provider" part would say "active" because the phone will always be active, and using the SIM, on a GSM network. I've only ever unlocked CDMA world phones, which aren't using the SIM at the time of unlocking. I guess I've never had a reason to check that screen when I've put a SIM in, because it's always worked for me.

Thanks for clearing that up, learn something new everyday on this site...
    Service Provider are NEW Locks that are usually found on Bell/Telus phones as well as some provider overseas. Let you know if you need that code
    08-18-10 01:40 AM
    ahhhh i see ! lol i was getting excited

a question- i called telus and they said that if i unlock my warranty will be void? and i still have an year before my warranty gets done.

can this code be reversed? so lets say if anything DOES go wrong with the fone, will it still be covered?

@cellunlocknet will let you know for sure. just gotta clear up few things before i get this unlocked.

my past experience with telus fone was a bit bad ! last 2 blackberrys had issues and i had to get it fixed and thankfully warranty was stll there.
    08-18-10 04:50 AM
    ahhhh i see ! lol i was getting excited

a question- i called telus and they said that if i unlock my warranty will be void? and i still have an year before my warranty gets done.

can this code be reversed? so lets say if anything DOES go wrong with the fone, will it still be covered?

@cellunlocknet will let you know for sure. just gotta clear up few things before i get this unlocked.

my past experience with telus fone was a bit bad ! last 2 blackberrys had issues and i had to get it fixed and thankfully warranty was stll there.
    Don't worry, they are trained to say that but we can assure you that unlocking a Blackberry by code doesn't void the warranty of your phone.
    08-18-10 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD