Alright guys, sorry for the double post but,

I really really want to clear that up.

If I unlock my Bold, does it mean I had void my warranty?

I call Rogers, some said yes, and some said no.
    I spoke to some crackberry masters, some said yes and some said no
    even the authorized dealer, he told me yes.

WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH?

My expiration date for the bold warranty is due december 09
    04-05-09 11:46 AM
    No, it does not void the warranty. Then your warranty would be voided just for having them unlock it for overseas traveling, it is the same thing, even if you are not going through your phone company in order to unlock it.
    04-05-09 12:37 PM
    No, it does not void the warranty. Then your warranty would be voided just for having them unlock it for overseas traveling, it is the same thing, even if you are not going through your phone company in order to unlock it.
    Mmm! ok, well it's more for traveling since I have my AT&T sim card, when I travel over the United States, my old curve came with the Unlock, but now i bought it straight from Rogers, so i want to make sure!
    04-05-09 12:46 PM
    it wont void your warranty unless you open it or if it has water and physical damage...
    04-05-09 12:56 PM
    it wont void your warranty unless you open it or if it has water and physical damage...
    Perfect! Thanks alot Bro!
    04-05-09 01:03 PM
    Yes I can confirm that unlocking your phone will not void your warranty. It does nothing to the software. If you attempt to unbrand it, that will void your warranty.
    Last edited by wirelessgal; 04-06-09 at 01:21 AM.
    04-05-09 01:12 PM
    Yes I can confirm that unlocking your phone will not void your warranty. It doesn't nothing to the software. If you attempt to unbrand it, that will void your warranty.
    Double Perfect, that's what i wanted to hear, I know you already told me that in the past, but Im double checking before I proceed to my unlocking,

Thanks Girl
    04-05-09 01:16 PM
    Double Perfect, that's what i wanted to hear, I know you already told me that in the past, but Im double checking before I proceed to my unlocking,

Thanks Girl

You're welcome. Unlock away!
    04-05-09 01:48 PM
    Done Unlocking, feel good now loll
    04-05-09 02:09 PM
    Done Unlocking, feel good now loll

Congrats!
    04-05-09 04:59 PM
    Not really an expert on the subject, but here's my opinion. If you do an unlock using an unlock code then it shouldn't void your warranty since in lots of cases the carrier can give you that code ( you can call Rogers, tell them u're going away for a long time and need the code, they'll give it to you)

So my guess is they won't do anything that will void the warranty. That's what I think.
    04-05-09 07:09 PM
    whether it does or not... they don't even check for that. but yeah there is great debate on this, supposedly it does, supposedly it doesnt. dont worry about, just unlock it. i've never heard of anyone have problem for warranty because of an unlocked device.

i've gotten a replacement bold before, and the one i sent in was unlocked. its possible it probably states somewhere in fine print that unlocking may void warranty but its probably not enforced. even if that is true, its the carriers that lock the phone in the first place in a weak attempt to screw us over anyway.
    Last edited by avmsam; 06-13-09 at 02:39 PM.
    04-05-09 09:05 PM
    Not really an expert on the subject, but here's my opinion. If you do an unlock using an unlock code then it shouldn't void your warranty since in lots of cases the carrier can give you that code ( you can call Rogers, tell them u're going away for a long time and need the code, they'll give it to you)

So my guess is they won't do anything that will void the warranty. That's what I think.
    Rogers does not give unlock codes out anymore but ebay and lots of other places sells them cheap!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 11:31 PM
    It doesn't matter how the phone is unlocked, it will not void your warranty. It doesn't not affect the software whatsoever. Unbranding your phone will void your warranty, but let's not go there. Daniel is right, Rogers do not give out unlock codes anymore. But it's pretty cheap to unlock your phone these days.
    04-06-09 01:23 AM
    Hey Wirelessgal! If i had the power to do that, i'll make you manager of warranty and unlocking for Rogers lolll
    What you think about that eh? Lol

04-06-09 08:24 AM
    I don't see how a software mod, like inputing an unlock code, can void your warranty, in any way more so than flashing your phone with a new OS.
    04-06-09 09:13 AM
    Hey Wirelessgal! If i had the power to do that, i'll make you manager of warranty and unlocking for Rogers lolll
    What you think about that eh? Lol

Hey GKang, I love that idea! So when can you get the power to make this happen?
    04-06-09 01:33 PM
    Hey GKang, I love that idea! So when can you get the power to make this happen?
    Mmm good question lol! As soon i get to the headquarter and go apply for it loll! Need it fast ok then i have to use the other no legal force hahah

04-08-09 08:12 AM
    just wondering after u unlock your phone, is your data plan still valid? just cos i heard if u unlock your phone or have an unlock phone u can't attach a data plan . Lemme know thanks
    06-13-09 01:37 PM
    unlocking doesn't mess anything up. just allows u to use it with any gsm carrier worldwide. so it won affect ur data plan.
    06-13-09 02:37 PM
    Rogers does not give unlock codes out anymore but ebay and lots of other places sells them cheap!

Right, I called Rogers and they said they will never give an unlock code under any circumstances.
    06-13-09 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD