hello to anyone who can help me I have a boost mobile service on a blackberry phone 8350i and my friend used up the passwords she had enable it so she can load music but its on the last attempt am i suppose to get in touch with blackberry o nextel?
    12-26-09 06:54 PM
    If you don't know the password, all personal info will wipe on the next attempt. Nextel would have no clue what the password is, that's set by the user only.
    12-26-09 07:06 PM
    ok its on its final attempt will nextel be able to reset it even though its not on sprint its on boost
    12-26-09 08:28 PM
    Your only option is the most current back up you have. No carrier is going to be able to retrieve the personal data that was stored on your device. The OS will be intact.

From all the TBLers, to our CrackBerrian brethren.
    May God bless you and yours during this holiday season.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 08:33 PM
    ok its on its final attempt will nextel be able to reset it even though its not on sprint its on boost
    It can not be reset by Nextel, they do not know it. If you don't know it, all personal information will be wiped from the phone. You may as well let it wipe, and reload a backup if you have it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 08:36 PM
    so please let me if im hearing correctly since its a nextel 8350i flashed to boost mobile will i loose all the phone numbers that i have and will i have to get it flashed again to blackberry and what is a device password like if you trying to load media on the phone.
    12-26-09 09:19 PM
    The only thing you will loose is your personal information. Address book, messages, third party apps. That sort of thing. The flash may go, but I'm not sure. You don't have a choice in the matter, if you can't remember your password. It's a brick right now.
    12-26-09 09:23 PM
    last ditch attempt if i have a old boost phone which its sim card is in my blackberry 8350i if i take the sim card out the 8350i and put the sim card back in the old boost phone will i be able to get the phones numbers of that way.
    12-26-09 10:00 PM
    Unless you deliberately store numbers to the SIM, they will be stored in device memory and will be lost when the device wipes. You can remove the SIM to be sure it is safe. I don't think the wipe will affect the SIM, but I don't store numbers on my SIM so I don't know.
    12-26-09 10:46 PM
    my device is locked an for some reason i cant unlock it... when i goto try to put n my code it dosent show the * keys like it should..now it just shows the letters i press.no matter what code i put n the phone will not reconize it. as soon as i hit the enter key it goes back to the main screen. it doesnt say if the code is right or wrong it just keeps going back to the main screen. i've pulled the battery too many times to count an it still wont work. has this happen to anybody else
    01-02-10 03:17 AM
    when you say locked, do you mean the keypad is lock, sim, or????
    01-02-10 07:14 AM
    my device is locked an for some reason i cant unlock it... when i goto try to put n my code it dosent show the * keys like it should..now it just shows the letters i press.no matter what code i put n the phone will not reconize it. as soon as i hit the enter key it goes back to the main screen. it doesnt say if the code is right or wrong it just keeps going back to the main screen. i've pulled the battery too many times to count an it still wont work. has this happen to anybody else
    When you originally created your password, you may have unknowingly had the alt or shift key depressed. Since the password entry is masked by *, you could not see what you were typing. You may have thought you were typing wert when you were actually typing 123(, for example. If you have not used up all 10 of your chances, try entering the Alt or shift version of what you think is your password. Battery pulls will not reset the count and give you more chances. When your 10 tries are up, all your personal information will be deleted from the device and the password reset. At that point, you can reload your personal information from a backup.
    01-02-10 09:54 AM
    that's why you ALWAYS backup files. you never know when somthing might happen
    01-02-10 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD