I've been doing lots of reading into unlocking a BlackBerry lately and I've come across numerous unlocking services. 1 in particular listed unlocks for MEP4 and I was wondering if there is a specific unlocking service I should use to get the right MEP code.

I'm looking at a 9550 Storm2 which needs a MEP2 (Network) unlock and I'm wondering if unlocking services know which code to provide?

I'm under the impression the IMEI I provide to the unlocking service tells the them which codes the device needs to fully unlock it? Not sure about that though.

On a side note I'm curious if unlocking by MEP name is better than unlocking by IMEI? (If that even matters).
    12-30-10 08:48 PM
    Usually if both is possible both MEP2 and MEP4 is provided. This is only for mostly Canadian carriers for Bell and Telus. Some phone as locked to the network (MEP2)and some are locked to service provider (MEP4).

No difference in unlocking by MEP or IMEI as it is one and the same you need to provide the IMEi to generate a MEP code.

Freethisberrydotcom and cellunlock will provide the correct code. Quick and great pricing
    12-30-10 08:52 PM
    I've been doing lots of reading into unlocking a BlackBerry lately and I've come across numerous unlocking services. 1 in particular listed unlocks for MEP4 and I was wondering if there is a specific unlocking service I should use to get the right MEP code.

I'm looking at a 9550 Storm2 which needs a MEP2 (Network) unlock and I'm wondering if unlocking services know which code to provide?

I'm under the impression the IMEI I provide to the unlocking service tells the them which codes the device needs to fully unlock it? Not sure about that though.

On a side note I'm curious if unlocking by MEP name is better than unlocking by IMEI? (If that even matters).
    Unlocking by imei and unlocking by mep is just different ways of saying unlocking

You give the seller the imei and the carrier of the phone and they give you a unlock code, or mep code to enter into the phone. once entered your phone will be unlocked for all gsm carriers.

If you need more help unlocking let us know or check our signature.
    12-30-10 10:52 PM
    Thanks aznlgcy . . Everyone have a Happy New Year!
    12-31-10 10:32 AM
    Usually if both is possible both MEP2 and MEP4 is provided. This is only for mostly Canadian carriers for Bell and Telus. Some phone as locked to the network (MEP2)and some are locked to service provider (MEP4).

No difference in unlocking by MEP or IMEI as it is one and the same you need to provide the IMEI to generate a MEP code.

Freethisberrydotcom and cellunlock will provide the correct code. Quick and great pricing
    Thanks for clearing that up! CellUnlock.net's got a really good price for unlocking with their coupon code so I might go with them.
    12-31-10 04:11 PM
    Thanks for clearing that up! CellUnlock.net's got a really good price for unlocking with their coupon code so I might go with them.
    We can match them or beat their pricing let us know
    01-01-11 09:52 PM
    also can help for cheap if you need! but cellunlock is a great choice
    01-01-11 09:56 PM
    for unlocking your phone at great ease, please visit us at the website below. we look forward to help you out
    01-15-11 03:17 PM
    I unlock phones as a business I see most phones in Canada on rogers are mep2 and if the provider chooses to use mep4 that is the provider lock mep2 is the network lock most comen is mep2 network lock.
    12-27-12 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD