Hi. I just bought a Sprint 8330 Blackberry from Ebay. Apparently it has been flashed to Cricket (calling 611 brings a Cricket-related message). The onscreen MEID dec does not match the one under the battery, and the Sprint rep said there were "flags" on the MEID under the battery and the phone couldn't be activated on Sprint. Any suggestions?
    05-15-10 08:55 PM
    Your best option is to stop payment and return the phone. I'm moving your post to the Unlocking thread. The guys here may be able to offer some additional suggestions.
    05-15-10 08:58 PM
    Hi. I just bought a Sprint 8330 Blackberry from Ebay. Apparently it has been flashed to Cricket (calling 611 brings a Cricket-related message). The onscreen MEID dec does not match the one under the battery, and the Sprint rep said there were "flags" on the MEID under the battery and the phone couldn't be activated on Sprint. Any suggestions?
    Sounds like MEID has been changed. I would pursue the seller and ask for a refund or file a dispute with PayPal.
    05-15-10 09:31 PM
    Sounds like ESN cloning. They basically change the ESN to one of a Cricket phone so it gets accepted in the system. ESN changing is illegal, as mentioned above I would confront the seller about it and ask for a refund or threaten to take further action. IMEI changing is taken very seriously.
    05-17-10 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD