I have spent hours today on the phone with T-Mo and finally RIM. I'm having tons of problems with my phone. I can't connect to the BIS, I'm only getting edge and not EDGE, my MMS messages are hit and miss, my media card won't see my computer.

RIM found a funny thing today. The PIN that the OS reports is different from the PIN that is on the sticker under the battery. The PIN in the OS isn't even a RIM PIN, the PIN on the sticker is. RIM is looking into this for me right now.

RIM and T-Mo both suggested that I put the phone back to the official T-Mo release of 4.2, so I did that today, but still no fix!

I'm in the process of getting the info to send this phone back for a replacement or a refund. The eBay vendor is being very helpful so far.

Thanks to everyone who helped answer my crazy questions through this ordeal the last couple of days!

Thanks again,
    Brian
    12-07-09 05:14 PM
    I have spent hours today on the phone with T-Mo and finally RIM. I'm having tons of problems with my phone. I can't connect to the BIS, I'm only getting edge and not EDGE, my MMS messages are hit and miss, my media card won't see my computer.

RIM found a funny thing today. The PIN that the OS reports is different from the PIN that is on the sticker under the battery. The PIN in the OS isn't even a RIM PIN, the PIN on the sticker is. RIM is looking into this for me right now.

RIM and T-Mo both suggested that I put the phone back to the official T-Mo release of 4.2, so I did that today, but still no fix!

I'm in the process of getting the info to send this phone back for a replacement or a refund. The eBay vendor is being very helpful so far.

Thanks to everyone who helped answer my crazy questions through this ordeal the last couple of days!

Thanks again,
    Brian
    Sorry that this happened!! Hope that you can get it all sorted out.
    12-07-09 07:04 PM
    There is some real funny business going on with this phone. It is on it's way back to the seller right now. RIM called me back today with the "results" of their investigation. Since the two PINs didn't match, RIM said that someone has violated their software patent and because of that they are locking out both PIN numbers from ever working on their BIS again. I'm glad I sent the phone back!

The seller is supposed to send me a replacment. RIM told me what to look for when I get it to make sure that it's on the UP and UP! I'm glad I payed with PayPal since I may have to end up filing a claim to get any money back?????

I'm never buying a "unlocked" phone on eBay ever again! Live and learn!
    12-10-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD