Search, I've discovered, is iffy. After sorting through tons of topics dating back a year or so...I've come to my limit. My story:
    Currently a non-Blackberry user on ATT. Ready to get the addication started. No longer able to wait to make the change to Sprint and the Essex I bought a new (Sprint) 8330 off eBay. My plan was to use the Curve non contract till the Essex drops. Then comes the rumors of Boost offering the 8330. Now from what I've gathered Boost logged all PIN numbers to restrict the 60$ plan to only Boost branded phones. But this still leaves the 50$ plan without BIS. So...where are the tutorials on that setup? Being that it's Sprint's CDMA network, I'm ASSUMING the phone won't need to be unlocked? I'm guessing it's just Service Book editing (which is another bold new adventure)? Is there still a need to modify vendor codes?
    And as for actually getting on Boost, I need to buy a CDMA model phone, activate it, call Customer Service and just switch the ESN?!? I'll then just get Gmail, Google Maps etc and I'll be good to go? Surely I'm missing important information here. Thanks in advance for any help offered!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 02:58 PM
    It still needs to be flashed to Boost and be up to them to allow it to be activated on their network. First step would be to contact them directly.
    01-20-10 05:37 PM
    Look on Craigslist for shops around you that will be able to flash it for you. Make sure also that they will register that ESN on their network.
    01-21-10 12:41 PM
    Make sure they are a reputable shop most will flash but do the half a$$ version which gets you only voice and sms.
    01-21-10 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD