I have had the torch for about 2 weeks and initially didn't like it at all, I had a Curve for 2 years but dropped it once too often :-(. Anyway I am a big guy 6'2" 225 and I am still getting used to typing (hope i will), but the biggest issue I have is the "Lock" button for the phone. I usually keep the phone in my pocket and if you breath on the lock button too hard the phone unlocks. Is there an option for holding the lock button down for "X" seconds before the phone unlocks, I loved that you had to hit 2 keys to unlock the Curve. I really don't want to deal with a password, is that my only option?
    Thanks

BTW, i really only want it for text,email and talking to people, would I be better off with the new Curve 3G?

Thanks everyone!!
    09-05-10 09:36 PM
    I have had the torch for about 2 weeks and initially didn't like it at all, I had a Curve for 2 years but dropped it once too often :-(. Anyway I am a big guy 6'2" 225 and I am still getting used to typing (hope i will), but the biggest issue I have is the "Lock" button for the phone. I usually keep the phone in my pocket and if you breath on the lock button too hard the phone unlocks. Is there an option for holding the lock button down for "X" seconds before the phone unlocks, I loved that you had to hit 2 keys to unlock the Curve. I really don't want to deal with a password, is that my only option?
    Thanks

BTW, i really only want it for text,email and talking to people, would I be better off with the new Curve 3G?

Thanks everyone!!
    Try http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/paternlock-523747/
    09-05-10 09:50 PM
    Thanks, that's totally what i wanted!!!!
    09-05-10 10:26 PM
    the Stormslider lite edition is another option and it's free.
    09-05-10 10:34 PM
    I've had the same issue, and the only workable solution I've had is to use the true Lock function, where you use the password to unlock it. I'm guessing that this would be the same with PatternLock.

The Lock Key, the button on the top left, as you said locks the screen until you hit that button again, which can/will happen. Maybe when I get a real Torch case, with proper magnets it won't unlock in my pocket. Currently I'm reusing an old Bold case and it unlocks/mutes/unmutes sporadically.

Anyway, I programmed the Convenience Key (right side button) to LOCK the Torch, and since I have a password set it requires a password to Unlock. A little more trouble, but I make less phantom calls this way.
    09-06-10 08:20 AM
    the Stormslider lite edition is another option and it's free.

I put the StormSlider lite on my phone and it works wonderfully. I think it's a good lock option without having to use a password.
    09-06-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD