Hey im from the bahamas i recently bought a BB 9650 from the U.S the carrier is verizon... i came home and took it to a local store to get it unlocked... so i put my sim card in and it asks me do i want to unlock my SIM then you click yes... the thingy for the code is suppose to come up but the phone just bypasses and nothing happens... is there a solution to this? i really would appreciate the help thx
    06-01-11 08:49 PM
    When you type MEPD in options - advanced - sim card menu .. what does it say beside network?
    06-01-11 11:30 PM
    it says:
    SIM: Disabled
    Network: Blocked
    Netowkr Subset: Disabled
    Service Provider Disabled
    Corporate: Disabled
    06-02-11 08:00 AM
    The person who owned the device prior tried to unlock it with a bad code and used up all the attempts. .. Your device is now hardlocked and needs to be reset via a DM3 machine which is only available in selected repair shops.
    06-02-11 03:37 PM
    yup, try checking with your local repair shops. Wish you luck on this.
    06-02-11 03:54 PM
    Since it states "blocked" it means Verizon has flagged the device as lost or stolen. Sorry.
    06-03-11 02:10 AM
    are you sure carrier unlock?
    06-03-11 01:14 PM
    are you sure carrier unlock?
    Yes, see it all the time
    06-03-11 01:18 PM
    Yeah, just like Carrier said, BLOCKED means lost or stolen, or that the customer hasn't paid their bill with the carrier so they've blocked it

Either way you're SOL because the only people that can remove it is the original carrier
    06-04-11 02:25 PM
    Yeah you may b right...
    But i still recommend you to go to the local repair show first....
    07-01-11 01:32 PM
    most the time it's because people never paid their bill.
    07-01-11 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD