Please tell me this isn't true...

My Storm died so Assurion offered me a Storm 2. I was thrilled. But now I notice that as soon as the screen fades out (20 sec?), I need to click the top left button (the old screen lock button). The Verizon guy told me this is the only way to unlock it. On the Storm 1 I could press anywhere in the screen and it would bring up the screen. In addition, when my alarm went off in the morning, I could just hit the screen and it would go to Snooze. Now, I have to click the top button...ugh!

Please tell me there is a fix/option to get rid of this...

03-03-11 12:28 PM
    nope, thats pretty much the way it is. the functionality is linked to the revised sure-press screen function. it needs to register a "touch" before it will allow a "click." (prevents accidental clicks, too)
    03-03-11 12:38 PM
    Thanx for the quick reply. Not what I wanted to hear, but it is what it is...
    03-03-11 12:41 PM
    Wait, let me get this straight. Say your screen is on, and you don't press the lock button in the top left. The screen fades to black. You have to press the unlock/lock button again to unlock the screen?! Damn, I wish mine worked like that. I only have to click my screen again. Pretty much, mine is only locked when I lock it, and unlocked whenever it's not locked through the lock button.

As long as I don't lock it with the top left button, I can click the screen anywhere to light it up again. And regarding the alarm, idk about just clicking the screen, but usually when the alarm goes off if you click the screen the snooze button is the one automatically highlighted, so as long as you don't click on the smaller dismiss button you should be good, lol. Good luck!
    03-03-11 01:24 PM