03-22-09 01:29 PM
36 12
tools
    So, let me get this straight. It's been over a week and I still have not received my 'free' unlock code. Retail value on Cellunlock.net is $29.99. Everyone says be patient, wait wait wait, after all, it's free. I'm told to go to a page on this site that Cellunlock is giving info. It's all computer generated phrase, 'thank you for your order'. No info. So, I call AT&T, nicely ask the customer rep for an unlock code for my Bold, and I have it inside of two minutes. So at least for the AT&T customers, this offer gave Cellunlock great publicity, and the email names and addresses to add to their database. They say you don't get something for nothing, and you don't in this case.
    03-21-09 08:47 PM
    1 - I got my unlock code in 1 hour.
    2 - I can give them any email address/address I want.
    3 - Paranoid much?
    03-21-09 08:52 PM
    It took a couple days but I got mine...dude they got slammed...they will be working for two more weeks to fulfill the 15000 orders they got...they did a great service to the readers of this forum so stop hating

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 09:05 PM
    Btw, we really need 10+ of these threads...

Seriously, I hope people start making more of them.... I've seen everything from assuming they are going out of business, to now stealing your info and running away laughing.
    03-21-09 09:06 PM
    I never received mine either...
    03-21-09 09:22 PM
    Got mine a while back, cellunlock is the shhhizzle

03-21-09 09:26 PM
    if you search there is a post with 85+ pages where you can post your order number and maybe they will respond. I posted my order number and got my code the same day i posted it.
    03-21-09 09:30 PM
    It took a couple days but I got mine...dude they got slammed...they will be working for two more weeks to fulfill the 15000 orders they got...they did a great service to the readers of this forum so stop hating

There isn't any hating, I simply pointed out that, at least for me, I got in two minutes what they normally charge $29.95 for. Yes, they got slammed.....I bet you 95% of the people have no idea what an unlock code does, they aren't travelling abroad which is where it matters. Are they going to change suppliers every day with new Sim cards????? Hmmm, today I'll use Verizon, tomorrow TMobile. That's the point, it was a fabulous publicity stunt. And to the gent who said he could give any name and emai.....you had to give them an email of yours if they were going to send it to you, and again, the 95% weren't going to do that anyway. Again, they normally charge $30 for what you can get for free in two minutes. So they are hero's?????
    03-21-09 09:35 PM
    In the 2-3 weeks I've been visiting this forum, I've probably read (literally) at least 300 reports of people calling up at&t and getting the code for free. At the time of the CellUnlock give-away, there were several threads from people asking what unlocking does. There were also pages and pages of comments under the article. If you spent more than 2 minutes reading any of the threads/comments (regarding unlocking), you were bound to see the reports of free codes from at&t. I don't understand how anyone could have still not understood that at&t hands them out.

I also don't understand why people are upset about not receiving something they did not pay for. Again, if one has spent more than 2 minutes reading threads regarding this subject (I would assume people who are upset with CellUnlock have been reading every thread about them) you would realize that they've had 15k requests and are working as hard as they can

CellUnlock was also providing codes for other carriers. I know I have also read reports about Rogers and how reluctant they are to give out the code. I suppose for Rogers customers, then CellUnlock is a hero?
    03-21-09 09:59 PM
    And to the gent who said he could give any name and emai.....you had to give them an email of yours if they were going to send it to you, and again, the 95% weren't going to do that anyway. Again, they normally charge $30 for what you can get for free in two minutes. So they are hero's?????
    It's not hard to create a junk email account or use one you don't care about (which you should be using to sign up for most things anyways).
    03-21-09 10:03 PM
    I never got mine, and I'm fine. I really don't need an unlocked phone. I'm not traveling out of the country anytime soon, and I'm not going to sell my phone. I got nothing, for nothing. Even exchange. I'm good.
    03-21-09 10:14 PM
    So, let me get this straight. It's been over a week and I still have not received my 'free' unlock code. Retail value on Cellunlock.net is $29.99. Everyone says be patient, wait wait wait, after all, it's free. I'm told to go to a page on this site that Cellunlock is giving info. It's all computer generated phrase, 'thank you for your order'. No info. So, I call AT&T, nicely ask the customer rep for an unlock code for my Bold, and I have it inside of two minutes. So at least for the AT&T customers, this offer gave Cellunlock great publicity, and the email names and addresses to add to their database. They say you don't get something for nothing, and you don't in this case.
    Hi
    Let us take a moment and clear things up. Yes your provider will give your unlock code but only if you are a customer with an account in good standing for the past 90 days, and you're only aloud to request 1 code per 90 days. Most people know by now that they can get their unlock code from their provider for free.

Where we come in, is let's say you were an AT&T customer, and bought yourself a Blackberry 8900 which is only sold by T-Mobile USA or Rogers in North America, then you would need to unlock it in order to be able to use it with AT&T. If you call AT&T and ask for the code, they won't give it to you, for one because you did not buy the phone from them, and two they don't have the code in their database. If you were to call T-Mobile or Rogers they wouldn't give it to you either because you don't have an account with them.

As for email or personal information submitted on our site, as stated in our Privacy Policy, we do not share, sell or give your info to anyone else. You could have used a new made up email with a bogus adress and your order would of still been fulfiled. The only time we need the real adress is when a customer pays with a credit card, because it needs to match the billing adress in order to get approved.

We hope this answers your questions/concerns.
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 03-21-09 at 11:35 PM.
    03-21-09 11:32 PM
    I never got mine, and I'm fine. I really don't need an unlocked phone. I'm not traveling out of the country anytime soon, and I'm not going to sell my phone. I got nothing, for nothing. Even exchange. I'm good.
    Hi
    You are more then welcomed to post your order number in this thread and your order will pulled out and processed faster.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/cell...0/index89.html
    03-21-09 11:34 PM
    Hi
    You are more then welcomed to post your order number in this thread and your order will pulled out and processed faster.

Well, thanks! Here's my order #: 12726
    03-21-09 11:47 PM
    Anyone on any network can get an unlock code from the provider of the phone that you have. Don't ever pay money for this service. They have to give you the unlock code if you have the phone in your hands and its not stolen. Its a joke that people pay good money for someone to unlock your phone. It doesn't matter who from or where you bought your phone as long as it isn't stole or block by rim can you unlock it. I have done this with dozens of phone from almost every provider and had no problem.

03-21-09 11:50 PM
    As one poster said, you can get these codes for free from the carrier and that is all great, but you have to go through some hoops. CellUnlock was nice enough to provide the service for free and without going through too many hoops, just an email address. I got my code 5 days after the initial request and am happy. The provider would have given me the code after 90 days, and why wait when I could get it sooner? Just my thoughts

03-22-09 12:37 AM
    Thanks Cellunlock! I received my code and I'm good to go.
    03-22-09 12:45 AM
    Anyone on any network can get an unlock code from the provider of the phone that you have. Don't ever pay money for this service. They have to give you the unlock code if you have the phone in your hands and its not stolen. Its a joke that people pay good money for someone to unlock your phone. It doesn't matter who from or where you bought your phone as long as it isn't stole or block by rim can you unlock it. I have done this with dozens of phone from almost every provider and had no problem.

Ever try calling Rogers, Telus or Bell? lol
    03-22-09 12:51 AM
    I got mine in 2 days, last Saturday in fact.
    03-22-09 02:21 AM
    Hi

Well, thanks! Here's my order #: 12726
    Thanks Cellunlock! I received my code and I'm good to go.

Umm just so you people know, CELL UNLOCK kicks @$$. Yes they do.
    03-22-09 02:33 AM
    This is more handy for people who didn't really NEED it, more as just a handy thing & you can't pass up something free.

So, if you really need an unlock yeah just call ATT, but otherwise their service worked great!

03-22-09 02:51 AM

I am order number 16,815, so they got way more than 15,000 orders.
    It will take them a while to get through all of the orders they received.
    That's understandable.
    03-22-09 09:24 AM
    Umm just so you people know, CELL UNLOCK kicks @$$. Yes they do.
    Just so you know, I never complained about not receiving an unlock code, because it's free. I don't complain about not receiving free...anything. That was the whole point.

03-22-09 09:37 AM
    Hi
    Let us take a moment and clear things up. Yes your provider will give your unlock code but only if you are a customer with an account in good standing for the past 90 days, and you're only aloud to request 1 code per 90 days. Most people know by now that they can get their unlock code from their provider for free.

Where we come in, is let's say you were an AT&T customer, and bought yourself a Blackberry 8900 which is only sold by T-Mobile USA or Rogers in North America, then you would need to unlock it in order to be able to use it with AT&T. If you call AT&T and ask for the code, they won't give it to you, for one because you did not buy the phone from them, and two they don't have the code in their database. If you were to call T-Mobile or Rogers they wouldn't give it to you either because you don't have an account with them.

As for email or personal information submitted on our site, as stated in our Privacy Policy, we do not share, sell or give your info to anyone else. You could have used a new made up email with a bogus adress and your order would of still been fulfiled. The only time we need the real adress is when a customer pays with a credit card, because it needs to match the billing adress in order to get approved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, why would you need more than one unlock code in 90 days? The phone stays unlocked, so that's ng. Second, if you bought a model you wanted from one vendor to use with another, why wouldn't you get it unlocked BEFORE you switched suppliers? That way you go to new vendor with phone already unlocked, unless I'm technically wrong. Lastly, the cost to you is labor, vs. having 15,000 people now know about your site. That's a lot of visits. Good capitalism, I don't criticize it, but again, as some of my fellow berryheads have said, you don't need to pay for an unlock code, and 90% of the requests are from people who don't even know what it is. Now, do a 90% discount on hard goods, there is a sale to generate excitement. Anyway, thanks for the good turn.
    03-22-09 09:44 AM
    Hi

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Let's answer your response. First, if you are in bad financial standing you probably have other concerns than unlock codes. And how many unlock codes do you need in 90 days? One code unlocks the phone, and it stays unlocked, correct?
    If you buy a phone that you like from one vendor, and the other vendor doesn't sell it, than get the unlock code BEFORE you switch your vendor. Than when you go to the new vendor, the phone is unlocked. Yes?
    I wasn't suggesting you would sell your email list, but there is no cost of hard goods here, just labor. And with about 15,000 or more hits, you couldn't buy that kind of exposure to your site. That's capitalism, I wouldn't criticize you for it, but let's not make it sound like this was done as a labor of love.
    And after 12 days, I still never received my code, not that I need it any longer. I will certainly use you as a supplier, you did a good thing, but Mother Teresa wasn't behind it.
    03-22-09 10:27 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD