hey crackberry gurus...i know i've seen a post/ thread in this forum about the phone taking forever to get out of the unlock mode but i can't seem to find it. can someone post the link for me. this is happening to my phone lately. when I unlock it it takes about 10 seconds and then it lags from my today theme to go the the home screen. its just lately but its driving me nuts. sometimes i need to find a contact number or check a text and it takes me forever to do so. and yes i've dont battery pulls. thanks again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 05:07 PM
    What OS are u running?...
    12-13-09 05:15 PM
    I didn't have this problem until I downloaded and started using the Classique Docked theme. I love this theme but it takes 10 seconds or so to unlock after entering the password. This delay is not present on the stock theme so I'm thinking its theme dependent.

12-13-09 05:45 PM
    The v7.11 hybrid

12-13-09 05:46 PM
    I have the same problem, and sometimes the lag when trying to send a text. I heard it was because of BerryWeather..
    12-13-09 07:15 PM
    mine does this also, and its gone if I uninstall berryweather. It even does it with the new 2.0 version. I hope they fix it soon because it does get very annoying.
    12-13-09 07:17 PM
    I only recently started leaving berryweather on for extended periods. I just shut berryweather off and I'll be darned if that doesn't fix the lag on my device. Wierd and annoying but good to know.
    12-13-09 07:23 PM
    really? berryweather?? i didn't know that. thats such a great app too! i love it.

12-13-09 07:54 PM
    yea berryweather lags the unlock screen like something fierce...also every once in awhile when texting you'll freeze for a second after clicking send...uninstall or for that matter shut down berryweather problem goes away
    12-14-09 09:11 AM
    Mine will take almost 20 seconds to unlock/lock and I'm using the newest official OS. I'm gettin sick of this phone to be honest.

12-14-09 10:27 AM
    that sucks....cuz i reallly love berryweather. i'll take your advice TJM623 and just shut it down. thanks

12-14-09 11:45 AM
    Hmmm, interesting. I'm running the latest Berryweather release and haven't had any problem with lag. I have noticed that when I unlock the device while any data is being transmitted, I get just a little lag, but generally speaking my device is pretty responsive.
    12-14-09 11:53 AM
    I boiled it down to three factors: When I was running OS 4.7 on my Tour, with my Today Plus theme, and I had BerryWeather open, there was a very noticeable lag when unlocking my phone.

Now I'm running the OS 5.0.203 leak, with the same theme and I just downloaded the newest version of BerryWeather. No lag problems whatsoever. So I think that at least in my case, it was a combo of the OS and BerryWeather.
    12-14-09 12:28 PM
    I boiled it down to three factors: When I was running OS 4.7 on my Tour, with my Today Plus theme, and I had BerryWeather open, there was a very noticeable lag when unlocking my phone.

Now I'm running the OS 5.0.203 leak, with the same theme and I just downloaded the newest version of BerryWeather. No lag problems whatsoever. So I think that at least in my case, it was a combo of the OS and BerryWeather.

+1 i don't want to blame berryweather entirely but i too think its a combo of 4.7 and that app
    12-15-09 10:03 AM
    I can confirm that it was theme related for me.
    I changed themes to one that was made more recently and voila...no lag.

And this theme has animations and transitions...the old one didn't....go figure...

Dm
    12-15-09 10:08 AM
    Running OS 5.0.0.230, BerryWeather 2.0.54, Verizon Zen theme (lame, I know), and have zero lag from lock to unlock.
    12-15-09 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD