I prefer to keep my Blackberry in my pocket, so I use the keyboard lock function a lot, using either the lock application or hitting ALT ENTER. However, I notice that the keyboard unlocks itself after a while. Sometimes it's immediate (in essence, I have to lock it twice) and other times it happens after a few minutes/hours. Even if I lock the keyboard and put my Blackberry on my desk, if I look at it later, there's a 99% chance it will be unlocked again. Anyone know what's going on? Seems like a trivial thing to go through the hassle of returning it. Should I just use the standby (mute button) feature instead? Are there advantages/disadvantages to standby over keyboard lock?
    11-09-07 08:46 PM
    I have this issue too, but honestly, the only time it ever comes unlocked is when it's in my pocket. I'm just assuming, the all the buttons are getting pushed when I stand up, sit down, run, whatever makes my pocket jiggle.
    I've pulled my phone out of my pocked and there's been all kind of jibberish on the dial screen.

I don't find it a big deal, but, if I did.
    I'd just get a case for it, I'm sure that'd solve most of the issue...
    11-09-07 10:32 PM
    Turn it on Standby Mode. Hold down the mute button, and it will go into it. The only way to turn the screen back on is to hit the power or mute button again.
    11-10-07 09:54 PM
    Turn it on Standby Mode. Hold down the mute button, and it will go into it. The only way to turn the screen back on is to hit the power or mute button again.
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing lately and it is working out well. The keyboard lock feature on this phone really sucks. I liked my Treo better in this regard.
    11-13-07 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD