I have a huge problem with my Blackberry Curve 8900, because it is completly locked. The screen is only on when I put the phone in the charger, but my problem is also that the unlock key at the top is locked, so even when there are lights and energy in the phone I can't unlock it, and therefore I can't use it at all.

I've tried pulling the battery out and in again about 3 times. I've tried taking both the battery and the sim card out. I've tried connecting my phone to the computer, which it can, but it didn't help me since the phone is still locked. I've tried resetting it by pressing ALT + CAP + Del. but that doesn't work either.

Can anyone help me?
    08-03-10 01:32 AM
    since the computer recognizes the phone, why dont you try backing it up and reinstalling the OS.
    08-03-10 02:25 AM
    Cause I dont know how to do that!
    08-03-10 05:53 PM
    I have the same problem with my 8900 and I have loaded reloaded downgraded to previous OS etc. with no luck.

Any Help?
    12-09-10 12:40 PM
    I would recommend 5.0.0.900 over 681... put that on my friends 8900 and works perfect so far. Sound issue is gone, plus I believe 681 still had the SMS bug, but I could be wrong. Plus you're on Rogers... and 5.0.0.900 is the latest official OS from them. (The sticky at the top of this page hasn't been updated in forever...)
    12-09-10 03:55 PM
    press the end call key and a menu should come up that says Turning off handheld Press any key to abort. press any key and this should unfreeze it.
    12-12-10 12:26 AM
    I bought the 8900 in Jan of 08, as early as it was available. Just past a year, maybe ayear and a half, I had the keyboard, convenience keys, call/end/menu/back keys, and hidden keys all become unresponsive. I carry insurance, because I have a past of dropping etc. So, I got a replacement. That one had the same issue about 7 months later so I got a 3rd one. Only had that one for a while before I got the 9780. I have heard other reports of the KB going dead on the 8900. That may be what you're experiencing.
    12-13-10 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD