Brand New Bold 9650- v5.0.0.699, upgraded from curve 8330

Just figured out to LOCK the keyboard (to prevent pocket dialing), I need to press the 'a*' button

How do I unlock the damn thing?
    Message says 'Keypad is locked. Press the lock button to unlock'

I press the lock button (top right of the phone)- nothing happens. Tried pressing and holding- nothing happens. Tires the old '*,green talk'- nothing happens

I have to power down and power back up to get back to normal.

Are there setting s somewhere (hotkeys?) that I need to set to get this to work?

thanks in advance
    11-09-10 10:18 PM
    On the 9650, the "lock" button is on the upper LEFT corner of the case. Try that one. The one on the left just works for "mute" on this one.
    11-09-10 10:38 PM
    On the 9650, the "lock" button is on the upper LEFT corner of the case. Try that one. The one on the left just works for "mute" on this one.
    Yeah, on the 9650, the lock button is the left corner when you have the keyboard/screen facing you. The button on the right is mute (I think 7scarabs just had a little typo ). I also have a Bold with v5.0.0.699.

If you look at the corners of the phone in the light, you'll see a padlock on the left corner and a horn with a line through it on the right corner. You should only need to press it once and the corner buttons may or may not "click," but don't worry about the clicking. If it still doesn't unlock, then I'd take it back in for a replacement.

Enjoy your new phone!
    11-09-10 10:51 PM
    So right...guess it's the TWT (Typing While Tired) syndrome! The RIGHT corner button just does the "mute" thing on the 9650.
    11-09-10 11:25 PM
    yeah... I had the buttons right, just no response when i click it...
    guess i have to go back thru the Sprint internet odering for a replacement...
    11-09-10 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD