I have a blackberry 8330 that used to be on a sprint network.

I think its ready to be activated on US Cellular, but before I call it in, I wanted to double check I did it right:
    • I flashed it with some older firmware so I could access the memory
    • Used unicdma to get the SPC/MSL
    • Changed the MSL to 000000 using QPST and QXDM
    • Disabled the locks on the NAM networks using QPST and QXDM
    • Uploaded the 15056 prl for US Cellular using QPST's Service Programming (#4357* shows that version under prl)
    • Got a much better signal at my house than I was getting before I uploaded the prl

I'm going to call it in tomorrow to activate it, but things I'm not sure on:
    • A lot of the stuff in ##000000 doesn't seem right, do I just ask them for that info? (IMIS_S, Country Code, Home SID & NID, MIP User, etc)
    • When I go to applications > manage connections it says "sprint" for the mobile network. Is there any way to make sure I'm using US Cellular / Verizon's towers and not sprints? Should that have updated?
    • Did I miss anything?
    05-06-10 02:36 AM
    Flashing is not unlocking so your really asking the wrong group of people here. You may want to ask your question on Howardforums as they do more flashing than anything. Everything sounds correct, but as always it will really depend if the carrier is willing to add your ESN to the network.
    05-06-10 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD