so just to be clear.... once i unlock my (Rogers) phone i can go any other carrier (ATT)and buy a pre paid sim card and put it in my phone and use it?
    07-03-11 03:54 PM
    Yes, you can do that.
    Just make sure you have a data plan with Blackberry Internet Service.
    07-03-11 03:58 PM
    AT&T does not offer any prepaid BIS plans. T-Mobile does. However, you will only get EDGE on T-Mobile with a Rogers device. That probably will not matter, if you are only planning to visit the US, not live there.
    07-03-11 04:02 PM
    So I should get tmobile pre paid sim then? I'm only gonna need to make phone calls, BBM, FB/tweet and text

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-11 05:49 PM
    You will need a BlackBerry specific Data Plan for BBM, Facebook and Twitter.

As noted, AT&T does not currently offer BlackBerry Data on prepaid.

TMobile just started offering them again, so if you want to use those functions, you probably are going to want to go with them. But you won't get 3G as noted. You will only get EDGE.
    07-03-11 10:31 PM
    You will not see a big difference for bbm and email on edge ...
    07-04-11 12:09 PM
    so just to be clear.... once i unlock my (Rogers) phone i can go any other carrier (ATT)and buy a pre paid sim card and put it in my phone and use it?
    Yes that is correct
    07-04-11 02:52 PM
    yes there is not any difference...
    07-25-11 11:50 AM
    hope you we're able to get your phone unlocked!! unlocker's here for any post unlocking questions you have
    07-25-11 03:28 PM
    YES!!

You unlock a Blackberry from it's Network locking (SIM lock) and then when you use a GSM SIM card of any GSM carrier it's connects to the GSM network if it's unlocked and working...

To get Blackberry unlocked and working with service use a blackberry unlocking service to get the Unlock code to unlock your Blackberry device and then also contact your carrier and get a Data plan with a BIS, then ask them to send a service book update yt your Unlocked Blackberry device and run thee update so you can get service as MMS and BBM working with your Unlocked Blackberry cell phone.
    07-26-11 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD