Ok, here's the thing. I love my Storm, it looks boss does very cool things and really upsets the Mrs cos i spend so much time fiddling with it

BUT - and this is a big BUT, my internet speed never goes over GPRS. It did once tease me with a 5 second burst of 3G displayed on the screen and briefly flashed EDGE (oddly enough whilst driving through Alderley EDGE?!? lol)

Orange claim they have the best 3G network in the UK so i've called them several times and they sent me Sim updates which did sweet F.A (i think that is their way of getting you pff the phone tbh)

So - what i need is to know how to get the full whack 3G running (or at least EDGE)

I'm sure someone will have had a similar problem

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

thanks in advance
    12-20-09 11:55 AM
    have u got network mode set to 2G and 3G or 2G only? If its 2G only then change it!

I'm on orange and get constant 3G

And FYI EDGE is a 2G technology!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 12:00 PM
    got it set to 2G & 3G
    12-20-09 12:15 PM
    got it set to 2G & 3G
    hi there, turn it onto 3g only, then do a manual roam and see if that does anything for ya, what firmware ya running on it anyways?

as for orange being the best 3G network in the uk? well i disagree, but 3G no longer matters, i have a 4G dongle already!!
    12-20-09 01:34 PM
    I've tried all combinations of 2G, 2G&3G and 3G only but still no joy

sorry, but what do you mean by firmware? you mean the OS? if so its - 4.7.0.181

as for Orange's claims on their 3G network? i'll let you know when my Storm starts picking it up
    12-20-09 03:55 PM
    have u got network mode set to 2G and 3G or 2G only? If its 2G only then change it!

I'm on orange and get constant 3G

And FYI EDGE is a 2G technology!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hi mate, i see you have a storm on th Orange UK nework, Just wondering.... Is here any problems you have faced with this? Like does the browser and email work

I want to get the storm unlocked to Orange, bu im unsure if it will work properly
    12-30-09 06:03 AM
    no problems other than the internet speed - you need to tell orange you have a blackberry and they'll put you on a blackberry data plan; i'm on pay as you go and its 5 quid a month with unlimited internet and Email
    12-30-09 07:13 AM
    I would keep it on 3G ONLY and then try upgrading to the latest OS (Firmware) available for your device. Should improve things dramatically.
    12-30-09 12:18 PM
    Thanks for the feedback folks, but alas none of the above has helped - i'm resigned to the fact that Orange are poo for 3G in this area :-(

the other day i put one of my friends' o2 simcards in my Storm to get a number for her; and BAND - straight to 3G!!!!!!!!!

looks like a move away from Orange will be neccessary - pisses me right off, you'd think i was living in a 3rd world country! is it too much to expect decent internet speed Mr Orange??? apparently it is
    01-02-10 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD