Hi,

i i have a unique problem with my Bold. I recently bought one from my friend in London and assumed id be able to unlock it easy. We called up Tmobile but they said it would take 20 days and cost 14 GBP.

I reckoned i could do it on my own when i got back to Bombay. Now i tried unique phones and signed up for the code with the IMEI etc etc etc and duly got a code.

The code was invalid.

On further probing it turned out after i provided UP with more information that they asked for that the phone is locked to Vodafone in Germany, although my friend got it from Tmobile in the UK.

Anyway, the unique phones site does not have an option for Vodafone Germany and im waiting for them to revert.

and its getting harder and harder to use my curve with my Bold peeking out from next to it
    07-13-09 04:39 AM
    Have you tried ebay? ive sold countless bolds on there in the past few months and im pretty sure they could get the unlock code easily. I pay about 3$ for each one... here is the link to my guy, great dude btw... hope this helps you.

UNLOCK Code AT&T Blackberry Curve 8320 8900 Bold 9000 - eBay (item 130315059091 end time Jul-25-09 13:27:40 PDT)
    07-13-09 06:28 AM
    hey,

thanks for your message. getting the unlock code doesnt seem to be much of an issue as there are plenty of folks around offering it.

problem is that im a bit worried where this phone belongs. is it german or english and why would someone say its Vodafone Germany when i got it from TMobile..
    07-13-09 08:35 AM
    Sounds like your friend needs to explain this.
    07-13-09 08:38 AM
    I agree with bt224 on this one... Need to have your friend really explain where he got the BOLD from so you can get this resolved as soon as possible. I know how it is when you can not use the BOLD.... Mine was down for 2 days and I was using the Curve... :-(
    07-13-09 08:49 AM
    hi guys. thanks for your response. i had a word with my friend Amit and he said there is no way it could be locked to vodafone germany as it was bought from TMobile. i dont think he would lie to me as ive known him a long long time. Besides the phone says TMobile on it as well as when it loads up.

The Uniquephone people say its locked to Vodafone Germany and not to tmobile (im down my unlocking fee as they wont refund it)

is there any other way to find out who the phone is locked to?? so i might know what is going on?
    07-14-09 07:10 AM
    Maybe your current carrier can help.
    07-14-09 07:14 AM
    Well put it this way if the phone was locked to vodafone germany then how could your friend use it on Tmobile??..exactly he cant can he as its locked to vodafone germany network.
    If hes had it on tmobile then its probably unlocked but hten your saying he bought it from tmobile...in that case i can assure you 110% that it will not be unlocked and you need an unlock code...which your trying to get hold of etc.
    Id tell unique phone to refund your money as they are talking out of their ***...if the phone has been bought from tmobile then theres no way it can be locked to vodafone germany...logic dictates that quite clearly.
    Every tmobile phone ive had has been locked to tmobile and no other network.

Sounds like unique phones havent got a clue as to what they are talking about...they are fobbing you off with a stupid excuse. Ask them for a refund and get the unlock code from someone else....you will probably find someone else who will give you the correct code.
    07-14-09 07:19 AM
    i am trying to do that but they said they dont know how its Vodafone Germany but i should take it up with Tmobile. Additionally they said that RIM does not unlock VF Germany phones so i am **** out of luck. down my money and a phone i cant use.

No refund and no love... i feel ripped off but nought i can do about it. Have to stick to the curve...
    Last edited by skinnylizard; 07-14-09 at 07:58 AM.
    07-14-09 07:47 AM
    i am trying to do that but they say its my fault.
    I'm lost how are they saying it's your fault? Are they saying your wrong because you know it's locked to and they don't. I would def try another unlocking place
    07-14-09 07:56 AM
    From your BB desktop hold down ALT + type EACE, on the screen that comes up look for the Vendor ID number. This will tell you which carrier/network the phone was issued to.

Post the Vendor ID number here to see if anyone knows which carrier it belongs to or do a google search.
    07-14-09 07:57 AM
    hi, the vendor id number is 123. ill google and check what vendors it shows up
    07-14-09 08:34 AM
    It's T Mobile UK -

100 T-Mobile US
    101 AWS
    102 Cingular Wireless
    103 Nextel
    104 Sprint PCS
    105 Verizon

106 Alltel
    107 Rogers
    109 BWA (Aliant/Sasktel)
    111 MM02 DE
    113 Telfort
    114 T-Mobile DE/AU
    115 TIM
    116 Hutchison
    117 Bouygues
    118 SFR
    119 Orange_France
    120 VODAFONE (UK)
    121 Telcel
    122 Telstra
    123 T-Mobile (UK)
    124 Vodafone Germany

I'd get back onto Unique phones if I was you.
    07-14-09 08:41 AM
    i have searched this too and found the same thing. spoke to another unlock vendor who confirmed its tmobile UK.

why would Unique Phones lie ? they are a crackberry honored vendor and i used their services because of the crackberry discount code.

why would they say its locked into vodafone germany??
    07-14-09 08:55 AM
    Maybe it was a genuine mistake, poor investigation by them?

Supply them with confirmation that the phone is indeed a T Mobile UK supplied one and give them a chance to rectify the mistake or claim a refund. I do believe a refund is in order if they cannot unlock it.
    07-14-09 09:02 AM
    i have searched this too and found the same thing. spoke to another unlock vendor who confirmed its tmobile UK.

why would Unique Phones lie ? they are a crackberry honored vendor and i used their services because of the crackberry discount code.

why would they say its locked into vodafone germany??
    Who knows but really you should be getting onto them and asking them how they got it into their heads that its locked to vodafone germany when you have checked and its tmobile uk.

Id stand firm and ask them to issue you a refund or get a code that works with the phone..ask them how they got to the conclusion that its a vodafone germany locked phone and then tell them the vendor id that you have and also mention that you have been told its not a vodafone germany vendor id.
    07-14-09 09:03 AM
    i told them it is a tmobikle UK phone. they said they confirmed from RIM and that i should do the same. I have mailed RIM but not sure if they will get back to me.
    07-14-09 09:07 AM
    All the confirmation you need is on the device, RIM put the Vendor ID number onto it! Your Splash screen is T Mobile UK and you got it from a T Mobile Uk customer.

Hopefully RIM will confirm cos these guys at Uniquephones aint listening to you.
    07-14-09 09:14 AM
    All the confirmation you need is on the device, RIM put the Vendor ID number onto it! Your Splash screen is T Mobile UK and you got it from a T Mobile Uk customer.

Hopefully RIM will confirm cos these guys at Uniquephones aint listening to you.
    i emailed UP again and am hoping for a better response. hopefully they will do whats right. i dont want a refund just a working code

lets see how it goes. never been ripped off before!
    07-14-09 09:18 AM
    hi guys. thanks for your response. i had a word with my friend Amit and he said there is no way it could be locked to vodafone germany as it was bought from TMobile. i dont think he would lie to me as ive known him a long long time. Besides the phone says TMobile on it as well as when it loads up.

The Uniquephone people say its locked to Vodafone Germany and not to tmobile (im down my unlocking fee as they wont refund it)

is there any other way to find out who the phone is locked to?? so i might know what is going on?
    E-Mail us (or even better call us) and ask the guys to put this through on our new BlackBerry service.

If you have any problems PM or e-mail our support manager.
    07-14-09 04:06 PM
    problem has been resolved with a new code by UP... moderator can lock thread.
    07-17-09 01:06 AM
    Hi there !
    I tryed to unlock my bold, locked to CH-Orange with uniquephone codes, but it didn't work. I send all the screendumps and proving pictures to their supportteam and didn't get an answer for now more than a week nor a refund. :-(
    My order details are #14232555
    09-10-09 04:35 PM
    Hi there !
    I tryed to unlock my bold, locked to CH-Orange with uniquephone codes, but it didn't work. I send all the screendumps and proving pictures to their supportteam and didn't get an answer for now more than a week nor a refund. :-(
    My order details are #14232555
    Hey,

I see that you had a reply dated 27 Aug 2009 06:57 PM, this was a response to your 27 Aug 2009 06:29 PM email.

Nevertheless, I'll have someone look in to this issue again.
    09-10-09 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD