i have a tour from the US and now have it back in Australia. i had it unlocked back in America but didnt have a sim to see if it worked. it shows it can pick up Australian networks but keeps showing (insert sim) does anyone know whats going on?
    was the phone even unlocked?
    please help.....
    07-26-10 09:10 AM
    Do you even have the network settings set to 2G/3G GSM?
    07-26-10 10:38 AM
    i have a tour from the US and now have it back in Australia. i had it unlocked back in America but didnt have a sim to see if it worked. it shows it can pick up Australian networks but keeps showing (insert sim) does anyone know whats going on?
    was the phone even unlocked?
    please help.....
    That usually means the phone has no SIM or is not reading the SIM. As Carrierunlock mentioned, do you have a SIM card in the phone?
    07-26-10 11:38 PM
    i had it unlocked over there. i do have my sim and i have tried using other sims as well. tried 2g/3g every setting but it still comes up with insert sim. i wasnt sure if the sim reader could be a problem or if it is just a (tell) that it is not unlocked.
    i dont really want to pay money to get the unlock codes for no reason or if this is the cause. does anyone know much about australian sims and networks for these phones. i went into my provider and she said they do not take tours but this sounds ridiculous.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 07:29 AM
    You did not say which service provider you got the Tour from Verizon or Sprint?

In any event the procedure to check to see if it is unlocked

Click on Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card
    Type MEPD

If it is unlocked then you should see the following

Network- Disabled

If you don't see this then it is still locked.

Are you sure your SIM is compatible? Before I unlocked my Tour, it said invalid SIM card when I had the AT&T SIM in the phone until I got the unlock code. It sounds like it is not seeing your SIM can you try a friend/family member's SIM? If that sim works then yours is bad.

What provider are you using? Vodafone, Optus or Telstra?

I heard Optus can be a pain in the back end trying to use foreign phones sometimes but don't quote me on this as I have only heard

Good luck
    07-29-10 07:49 PM
    thanks man, i found it and had to unlock it.
    its picking up my provider but now i cant call out but i can receive calls and respond only to txt messages if someone has msg'd me. i am thinking that the phone has a second number?
    its comming up with a us number instead of my Australian number. can i switch numbers through settings?

07-30-10 01:21 AM
    thanks man, i found it and had to unlock it.
    its picking up my provider but now i cant call out but i can receive calls and respond only to txt messages if someone has msg'd me. i am thinking that the phone has a second number?
    its comming up with a us number instead of my Australian number. can i switch numbers through settings?

What message do you get when you try to make a call?
    07-30-10 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD