08-29-13 06:37 PM
36 12
tools
    i am using blackberrt torch contracted with at&t, recently i am travlling to india and i put local india sim card the phone aked me for mep code which i didnt have. (called at&t they say they dont provide for torch).
    after this i put my at&t sim card in torch and it says inaialization failed. i put at&t sim card in other phone it works, i put the local sim card which asked me for mei earlier this time did not ask but said intialization failed.
    in short my AT7t sim card works in other phone in india , but if i put any sim card in my torch then it says intialization failed.
    please help as i am travelling for 2 months.
    05-08-11 02:11 PM
    On your Torch, go to Options- Device-Advanced System Settings-Sim card, then type mepd. What does it say next to the word Network? If it says Active or Enabled, then you need to buy an unlock code from one of us unlockers on Crackberry.com. Once unlocked, your phone will work with a local Indian sim.

If it says Disabled or Inactive next to Network, then you need a new sim as this one won't work on your phone
    05-08-11 05:13 PM
    i swapped out the sim from tmobile and i'm back up and running
    08-28-11 12:54 AM
    A lot of the time it is a sim issue when dealing with SOS or you can place a peice of a business card between the battery and sim ..
    08-28-11 01:39 PM
    yeah its mostly the problem of sim...
    08-31-11 10:16 AM
    On your Torch, go to Options- Device-Advanced System Settings-Sim card, then type mepd. What does it say next to the word Network? If it says Active or Enabled, then you need to buy an unlock code from one of us unlockers on Crackberry.com. Once unlocked, your phone will work with a local Indian sim.

If it says Disabled or Inactive next to Network, then you need a new sim as this one won't work on your phone
    i followed your instructions and it said : no valid sim card
    what do i do next ?
    10-31-11 05:35 PM
    Make sure your sim is place in correctly or try another sim card.
    11-01-11 10:02 AM
    The problem does not seem to be related to your device. You must contact your service provider. And as most of the people here are saying first simply take out your sim and place it again
    11-04-11 05:30 PM
    Hi
    I have a 9360 with the inizialization failed error... I updated to the version 7.0.0.540 and the no show the error. I was using my device. BUT I update the 9360 to the version 7.1.0.190 (or something like that) and I have the error again.

Any help!!!
    01-18-12 12:36 PM
    i have a blackberry 8700g for tmoblie but i have service through att is it possible for it to work because it is saying initialization failed when i boot it up
    Yes it should work.
    01-20-12 06:42 PM
    08-29-13 06:37 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD