I have had my Z10 since it was launched on Telus and I need to unlock it for a trio to Disney World. I was just on the phone with Telus support and they advised of the following:

1. You can unlock a Telus Z10 after 90 days of the phone being on contract and they informed me that once unlocked, you can edit the APN.

2. If you unlock with Telus it does not void manufacturers warranty but if you unlock through 3rd party, you manufactures warranty is void.

I have searched the forums about the APN and cannot get a straight answer. Is there someone with a Telus Z10 that is unlocked? Can you edit the APN?

Also, does the Cracker unlock void my warranty? Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 01:06 PM
    You can unlock anytime through Crackberry and don't need the carrier. It doesn't void the warranty. My understanding with the current OS is that the APN is set by the SIM being used. If you use any recognized primary carrier you are fine. The problem is with the 3rd party/discount virtual mobile networks where you might run into issues with no data access.

Posted via CB10
    dexter likes this.
    04-23-13 01:11 PM
    [QUOTE=jstirtzinger;8365515]You can unlock anytime through Crackberry and don't need the carrier. It doesn't void the warranty. My understanding with the current OS is that the APN is set by the SIM being used. If you use any recognized primary carrier you are fine. The problem is with the 3rd party/discount virtual mobile networks where you might run into issues with no data access.

Posted via CB10

J,

Thanks for the prompt response. I assume with third party discount, you are referring to the likes of Roam Mobility. I should have no problems with AT&T or T-Mobile.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 01:38 PM
    [QUOTE=dexter;8365621]
    You can unlock anytime through Crackberry and don't need the carrier. It doesn't void the warranty. My understanding with the current OS is that the APN is set by the SIM being used. If you use any recognized primary carrier you are fine. The problem is with the 3rd party/discount virtual mobile networks where you might run into issues with no data access.

Posted via CB10

J,

Thanks for the prompt response. I assume with third party discount, you are referring to the likes of Roam Mobility. I should have no problems with AT&T or T-Mobile.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 07:59 PM
    As mentioned, using an unlocking company, like us, doesn't effect the manufacturers warranty at all. The unlock codes that are supplied are exactly the same.

I personally think networks saying that should be illegal but hey-ho.
    04-24-13 03:38 AM