02-09-10 12:15 PM
26 12
tools
    MODS PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD! the damage is done lets just close this all up. they tried.
    Last edited by plageius; 02-06-10 at 11:08 AM.
    02-03-10 10:48 PM
    It sounds like they are having difficulty with a code for you, or you are having difficulty inputting the code.

If you don't trust them, try someone else!
    02-04-10 12:50 PM
    Maybe take it to a shop if you are getting down too low on the number of tries left before you brick your phone.
    02-04-10 12:57 PM
    HOW WERE YOU SCREWED?
    To set the record straight, Plagieus ordered codes for his Storm Locked to Bell/Telus Canada, codes were sent at one time Preffered, New Security, NCK & SP. as per your emails (all 22 of them which were each responded to) you were not sure if you were following them correctly because you kept getting "CODE ERROR". The instructions sent are step by step & we found that you did not follow them exactly and tried to enter your codes more then once even though the instructions state "IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM ENTERING A CODE CONTACT SUPPORT"
    the last email with the Photo's of your screen show you have 4 tries left not 3.
    So as not to have you brick (HARDLOCK) your phone we told you to take it to a BELL/Telus service center and refunded your coupon so that you can use it again.
    HOW DID WE SCREW YOU?
    02-04-10 04:14 PM
    Burn

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-04-10 04:41 PM
    Isn't the vendor a little defensive?
    02-04-10 05:02 PM
    Isn't the vendor a little defensive?
    possibly, but wouldnt you be if you were a vendor, and someone was badmouthing you/your product, if it wasnt your fault?
    02-04-10 05:06 PM
    Burn

EPIC burn. That was awesome.
    02-04-10 06:14 PM
    Its just like many of the rants on this forum. The problem is caused by user error and instead of trying to get it sorted out, they go off that its someone or something elses fault. Thankfully unique phones was watching and rightfully defended themselves. Nice.

02-04-10 09:48 PM
    I did contact support they ignored my emails for hours and accused me of not sending proof which I did 4 times

02-05-10 10:13 AM
    Lyle Rosenfeld <lyle.rosenfeld/at)uniquephones.com>
    Subject:
    Re: Support from Unlocking.com
    Date:
    February 03, 2010 07:16:05 PM PST
    Tme.com[/email]
    Hey Brandon,

If your storm is locked to Bell Mobility canada there is a slightly different unlock procedure to be used.

Using the prefferred code only use these instructions for bell mobility canada

How to Enter Unlock Codes on BELL/TELUS BlackBerry Storm
    1) Need a SIM card inserted into the phone
    2) Click on manage connections, select turn all connections off
    3) Go to Settings Menu, Options, Advanced Options and then SIM Card.
    4) Hit the menu button and select show keyboard
    5) Type in mepd using the keyboard (nothing will show on screen)
    6) Type in mep2 another screen pops up for the code
    7) Enter the code, remember you ONLY have 10 chances to get it right
    8) Press the enter key
    9) A message will appear saying code accepted
    10) Turn device off, insert SIM of your choice if have not done so already
    11) Turn the phone back on
    12) Go to Options, then Mobile Network, on the third row switch it to GSM/UMTS and you're done.
    Issues:
    1) If you have issues with the phone not recognizing the network, make sure the radio is on by making sure it is not low on power.
    2) Sometimes the phone requires you to do "m e p p d" instead of "m e p d" and if that occurs, you will need to do "m e p p 2" instead of "m e p 2"
    3) If you have issues with the network not working after you have finished and the phone isn't low on power, switch from Global to GSM to Verizon a few times (keep on doing) and after 3 times of the process completed, leave it on GSM. Should work now.
    Removing "Activation Required" on the screen:
    1) On the main screen of the phone, press ##000000
    2) For the Mobile Directory Number, put in your phone number in there.
    3) After you have done that, press the menu button to save the options and the phone will automatically restart

does that explain how i went down to three?
    and i personally emailed the "tech support guru" and told him i was down to three tries after doing what they told me to do. so they shouldnt be acting surprised they knew. the problem was the codes they were selling are no good!

thats no way to run a business.

this unlock code was suppose to be free because of your horrible service last time... you guys have to be the worst business on the planet.
    Last edited by plageius; 02-05-10 at 10:26 AM.
    02-05-10 10:21 AM
    No one knew what happened exactly between the vendor and customer. I used to be in the service industry and the worst outcome is to have a unsatisfied customer coming onto public forums to rant. I hope the situation can be resolved peacefully, good luck plageius.
    02-05-10 10:52 AM
    thanks, its not that i'm mad i just want my phone unlocked... this is silly it should have never come this far i followed every step they asked me to. i even took all the pictures they wanted. i never even wanted a refund this was just suppose to be an unlock give me a new code not a refund.
    02-05-10 10:58 AM
    I've used them twice. Telus storm
    First time about 6 months ago. I messed up and gave them my MEID rather than the IEMI (I know,noob, lol). Once that was corrected, code came early next morning. Email responses were super fast and they were quite friendly.
    I just used them last week again for a telus storm @10:01pm sent in my order, 10:05pm I recieved my code.
    I was impressed.
    02-05-10 12:42 PM
    I've used them twice. Telus storm
    First time about 6 months ago. I messed up and gave them my MEID rather than the IEMI (I know,noob, lol). Once that was corrected, code came early next morning. Email responses were super fast and they were quite friendly.
    I just used them last week again for a telus storm @10:01pm sent in my order, 10:05pm I recieved my code.
    I was impressed.

thats pretty good! yeah nothing against them seriously just why couldnt they provide a code?
    02-05-10 01:07 PM
    GEEZ, you sound like a real Whiner,

First there is no emails, now you post one from them?

I'm sorry Dude but your credibility just flew out the window.
    Get a life and move on.
    i said they ignored my emails for hours, not forever though. so my credibility is fine your reading skills on the other hand are not. neither is your ability to process information.
    02-05-10 01:10 PM
    Its just like many of the rants on this forum. The problem is caused by user error and instead of trying to get it sorted out, they go off that its someone or something elses fault. Thankfully unique phones was watching and rightfully defended themselves. Nice.

they defended against there own mistake. i followed the instructions to the letter. there codes were just no good.
    02-05-10 03:25 PM
    Lets take this matter to the BB Unlocking Forum.
    02-05-10 03:38 PM
    We can try to help you. You can email us at sales@cellunlock.net your IMEI and the codes that were given to you and we will check them for you. Sometimes there could be a mistake on either side (we are not blaming anyone) that can make the unlock code not work.

Once we have the info and check it, we can take it from there and get your phone unlocked
    02-06-10 11:40 AM
    We can try to help you. You can email us at sales@cellunlock.net your IMEI and the codes that were given to you and we will check them for you. Sometimes there could be a mistake on either side (we are not blaming anyone) that can make the unlock code not work.

Once we have the info and check it, we can take it from there and get your phone unlocked
    I want to thank cellunlock.net they have done a fantastic job at helping me unlock my phone even so much as to call me and walk me through it verbally. so thank you David from cellunlock.net you have great customer service skills and i appreciate it!
    02-06-10 05:54 PM
    I want to thank cellunlock.net they have done a fantastic job at helping me unlock my phone even so much as to call me and walk me through it verbally. so thank you David from cellunlock.net you have great customer service skills and i appreciate it!
    You're very welcome. It was a pleasure helping you unlock your Blackberry. Always feels good when we have the customer see "Code Accepted". Let us know if you ever have any further questions.
    02-07-10 01:34 AM
    I'd like to know if the codes initially given were wrong, or if it was just a problem "entering" them correctly
    02-08-10 12:59 AM
    They were wrong.
    02-08-10 01:26 AM
    They were wrong.

they were wrong for sure i had three seperate vendors look over the codes and they all confirmed there was an error with the code unique phones provided.

as i previously stated cellunlock.net was able to help me and they did a great job! i was down to one a attempt and they helped me out!
    02-08-10 10:35 AM
    In all fairness, I've had nothing but fantastic service from uniquephones.com When I had to get a new Tour because of my defective trackball, they sent me a free code for my new phone. They always made things right. This is as far as me though. Try pm'ing uniquephones here on CrackBerry.
    02-09-10 11:44 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD