Thank you to everyone who replied to my previous thread on how to get my Verizon locked Blackberry Storm 9530 unlocked. So, what I'm looking to do now is buy an unlock code from one of the many companies I hear about on here. The thing is I have no idea how to gauge how reputable / reliable any of these companies are. I've seen prices range from $5 to $50 so I'm pretty lost as to the specifics of why one company, providing the same service, would charge 10 times more than others. Are the $5 offers from scam artists or are the $50 offers from greedy companies? I have no idea.

Basically I'm looking to spend no more than $20 on an unlock code. I need this unlock code to give me the option to enable service with any GSM carrier (or at least most) and not just one specific carrier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    10-15-09 06:30 PM
    CellUnlock.net Wireless-Your #1 Source for Accessories, Parts, Repairs, Service & Unlocking! did mine for $17.50 using coupon code cb50. Took about 2 hrs to get the code tops.
    10-15-09 06:33 PM
    Wait wait wait... is your Storm active on a Verizon account now? If so call *611, Technical Support, BlackBerry, and ask for the global services department. Let them know you're going to be traveling out of the country and want to use foreign SIMs in your phone. You'll have your code straight away.
    10-15-09 06:41 PM
    Thank you very much for the referral. I had Verizon Wireless like 2 years ago but they f*ck*d me pretty good when it came to...well...everything. I have since switched to AT&T and couldn't be happier.

I recently got my hands on this Storm and now I'd like to unlock it and try it. If I don't like it it's going on eBay which is why I mention it should be unlocked for all carriers and not just mine. I wish I knew someone kind enough to call on my behalf...*wink*wink*! Hahaha. Eh, I couldn't impose that on anyone. Although I definitely wouldn't deny it. Haha.

Thanks again for the referral!
    10-15-09 06:47 PM
    Ah, bummer... well good luck with an unlocking co.!
    10-15-09 06:52 PM
    Try Horizon Wireless too link in my sig, they are good and reasonably priced. Tell them pk from cb sent you and they will probably give you a discount. I can also recommend the other mentioned company Cellunlock.net

Lets move this thread to the unlocking forum.
    10-15-09 07:07 PM
    We can do it for you as well for as little as $9.99
    10-15-09 07:20 PM
    We can do it for you as well for as little as $9.99
    Really? I'll pay up right now if anyone can confirm you're reputable.
    10-15-09 11:01 PM
    I'm sure there is seeing that I did giveaway 50 free unlock codes to members here on CB about a month or so ago.
    10-15-09 11:15 PM
    $6.00 right here
    10-15-09 11:19 PM
    I believe I've made my decision.
    10-15-09 11:58 PM
    Good deal happy unlocking.
    10-15-09 11:59 PM
    PM sent to you CarrierUnlock.
    10-16-09 12:00 AM
    Received and processed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 01:55 AM
    Thank you CarrierUnlock! For anyone reading this thread I HIGHLY recommend CarrierUnlock for all your Blackberry Network MEP code needs!
    10-16-09 02:17 AM
    Thanks Adam!
    10-16-09 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD