Hello all...I currently have VZW. I used to work there but I don't anymore and honestly without the discount my bill is out of control. I want use my Tour on Tmo. I know I should be able to just call global support services and they will help me unlock, but my question is one, do I have to already have the Tmo sim card before I unlock or can I unlock and still use cdma, and then maybe the next day or so go get a Tmo plan? Or do I need to go to Tmo first and get the sim from them and then unlock? Also I was wondering if I could switch back to VZW ? And lastly if I do this will I have 3G with Tmo? Or just 2.5? I hope you guys can help, I will probably be looking to take care of this today or tomorrow. Thanks in advance guys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 06:35 AM
    Just call Global Support and get the unlock code. Assuming your account is in good standing, they will provide you an unlock code with no questions asked.

Once that's done, you can continue with your current Verizon service...or feel free to insert any compatible SIM card. The phone will not be 3G on T-Mobile. It will be GSM/GPRS, which is 2G or 2.5G, depending on who you ask.
    09-07-10 09:09 AM
    Ok cool. Thanks a lot!
    09-07-10 10:28 AM
    So.....I called vzw, they wont unlock. One day I woke up and realized I hadnt paid my bill and I paid it right away, but according to policy because it was within 60 days I dont qualify for unlock. I will save all the thoughts I have about that for my rant I will have on Twitter later, but I am curious to know if freethisberry.com is a good site. Cause I dont mind paying the 5 bucks if its a legitimate site.
    09-07-10 12:02 PM
    Soooooo, I went to freethisberry.....it was easy, very fast and thats even after I goofed up.....support was super quick with helping and I think its unlocked....it said code accepted anyway, should have my Tmo sim by tomorrow and I will know for sure. Thank you very much, as usual I got great answers in no time...I love Crackberry.....Im gonna miss you guys when I go Android.....
    09-07-10 01:47 PM
    Soooooo, I went to freethisberry.....it was easy, very fast and thats even after I goofed up.....support was super quick with helping and I think its unlocked....it said code accepted anyway, should have my Tmo sim by tomorrow and I will know for sure. Thank you very much, as usual I got great answers in no time...I love Crackberry.....Im gonna miss you guys when I go Android.....
    Glad to hear. Remember thats once you enter your T-Mobile SIM, you will need to go to Options/Mobile Network and change Technology to GSM/UMTS and select 2G.
    09-07-10 06:22 PM
    Ok. Will make sure I do that. I'm heading there now. Thanks!
    09-07-10 06:28 PM
    Ok. Will make sure I do that. I'm heading there now. Thanks!
    Great! Good Luck
    09-07-10 06:29 PM
    I got my Tmo sim. I am getting emails and bbms. I think I'm getting FB alerts. I can call out but if anyone calls me it rings on their end but not mine and then VM. I did port my # so that may have a little to do with it. I don't think I'm getting texts from anyone. Even though Tmo sent me a couple. I dunno. Internet works fine though. I'm guessing the other stuff is gonna come along. I hope
    09-07-10 09:06 PM
    I got my Tmo sim. I am getting emails and bbms. I think I'm getting FB alerts. I can call out but if anyone calls me it rings on their end but not mine and then VM. I did port my # so that may have a little to do with it. I don't think I'm getting texts from anyone. Even though Tmo sent me a couple. I dunno. Internet works fine though. I'm guessing the other stuff is gonna come along. I hope
    Try doing Send ##000000 Send and you will be able to program your 10 Digit mobile Number and then press Menu/Save and the phone will reboot.
    09-08-10 09:19 AM
    Isn't that for removing "activation required"?
    Yes but also to program the Mobile Number on the CDMA side which sometimes has made the phone act weird when not the right one. I guess the next step if that doesn't work would be to try and upgrade the OS.
    09-08-10 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD