i need to unlock my torch for it to work in italy?anyone can help me with that?and i also have another question...is there any way to lock the screen while i'm on the phone?so i won't be hanging up and putting people on hold while i'm on the phone... thanks
    02-23-11 12:40 AM
    Yes you will have to unlock it for use with another carrier than your own.

First of all, depending who your carrier is, you may be able to get a free unlock code from your carrier. I know AT&T sometimes provide the unlock code free of charge to their customers. But if you're in Canada good luck cause it won't happen for free. If your service provider will not provide a free unlock code there are plenty of great unlockers on these forums.

I recommend freethisberrydotcom or cellunlock; quick and reliable service for a reasonable price. During business hours usualy turnaround of 15-20 minutes.

The Torch has a proximity sensor built in that should turn the screen off while the phone is upto the side of your face.
    anna.burse likes this.
    02-23-11 12:44 AM
    adding on to aznlgcy, just head over to the unlocking forums and there's a bunch of info!
    02-23-11 12:48 AM
    +1 on freethisberrydotcom. Just used them myself and it took all of 5 minutes and 5 bucks to get an unlock code.
    02-23-11 07:08 AM
    i can do it for free
    02-23-11 09:27 AM
    +1 on freethisberrydotcom. Just used them myself and it took all of 5 minutes and 5 bucks to get an unlock code.
    Thanks Homer and Aznlgcy ... Appreciate the referrals.
    02-23-11 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD