04-09-11 10:13 PM
39 12
tools
    After reading this, I want to password protect my curve. How do I do that? Thanks in advance and keep your bb's safe from #%$holes like the poster! Is there a way to have my curve explode if it is stolen? Just wondering.
    Go to Options>Security Options>General Settings

Set Password to Enabled. Set the number of attempts you want before lockout (default 10). Set the Securtiy Timeout (default 2 mins). When you save out, you will be prompted to set and verify your password.
    12-24-08 10:59 AM
    I had a program called bluepill on my Treo 700p that would nuke the phone if I ever lost it. I can't wait for SmrtGuard to finish up and offer their protection program. If it will prevent a scumbag like this guy from using it then I want it.

SmrtGuard :: Your BlackBerry Guardian
    Damn... that looks awesome! I signed myself up for notification when it gets out of beta. I LOVE the ability to nuke your phone from orbit.
    12-24-08 11:04 AM
    Password protected! Thanks C-man!
    12-24-08 11:58 AM
    Any time!
    12-24-08 12:36 PM
    SmrtGuard is going on mine AS SOON as it comes out of beta, i actually got a gun put to my head and had my Blackberry, and my Treo on my hip, and dumbass thieves were being picky as to which they wanted...wtf!? so i lost my BB that way, then 2 days later i seen the kids walking down the street, got out my car an tackled the **** out of the one that put the gun to my head.. called the police, and now both of them will be out of jail in about 2 years! LMAO at them.. i let them keep the blackberry too, i just took 50 out of one of theyre wallets to pay myself back from ATT insurance.. I WIN
    12-24-08 07:59 PM
    wow he actually was bragging about finding someones phone? thats wrong, obviously a youngster! im wondering how he found the personal code?
    12-26-08 08:40 PM
    Sounds to me like he was bragging about Grand larceny and or robbery and criminal possession of stolen property and without a doubt criminal stupidity.
    12-26-08 09:19 PM
    I took the password off of mine because I got tired of doing it every time but I have immediately put it back on.
    12-26-08 09:38 PM
    I have no password on mine, but if you find my Curve somewhere, look for my dead body nearby! When I'm out, my BB is on my hip or in my hand. I was at the trails riding mountain bikes last weekend, and when I got to the parking lot, a guy there (who finished riding) asked if I had my phone because his broke on the trail). Mine was safely locked in my car, but I simply told him I left it at home. You don't need a password on your phone if you make sure nobody gets ahold of it .
    12-26-08 10:01 PM
    I almost purchased my curve off of EBay before deciding to go thru T-Mobile. After reading this, it sounds like I made a good choice I would hate to have a stolen phone.

I rely on my phone for many things, recreation and emails sure, but also to make sure that I can be available instantly as I am a primary caregiver to an ailing family member. This is shameful.

Forgive me for asking, I'm a relatively bb owner. But if I lock my phone with the security options, can't the new "owner" simply override the security by nuking it? (I think that's the term, basically reinstalling the OS?)
    12-28-08 02:20 AM
    Forgive me for asking, I'm a relatively bb owner. But if I lock my phone with the security options, can't the new "owner" simply override the security by nuking it? (I think that's the term, basically reinstalling the OS?)
    Yes, but all your info and that of your friends,family and anyone you care
    about will also be gone. As will any sensitive info you have on the phone
    Best thing to do if a phone is lost is to contact the carrier,
    report it as lost or stolen and have them disable the phone permanently.

This does not preclude the use of a password.
    12-28-08 02:26 AM
    All models unlock, only $10 by paypal. bberry.mt @ hotmail.com
    11-13-10 06:07 AM
    can anyone tell me how i can transfer my boost account to my blackberry curve by sprint
    04-06-11 07:41 PM
    Hello,
    I really need to know how you unlocked your blackberry personal code. I am in the exact some position. Please help. =(
    You also unrepentantly stole a Curve off your victim - like you mentor - the thread author? Gosh!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 10:13 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD