I've heard i can can simply call AT&T for my unlock code to my BB 8900 Curve. Is this true? And if so what reason do i give them for needing it? thanks in advance and my apology if this question has been asked many times before, if so a simple copy/paste of that discussion will suffice... thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 11:50 AM
    Yes you can it might depend on how long you have been a customer. Just ask for the unlock code.
    06-02-09 11:52 AM
    I've heard i can can simply call AT&T for my unlock code to my BB 8900 Curve. Is this true? And if so what reason do i give them for needing it? thanks in advance and my apology if this question has been asked many times before, if so a simple copy/paste of that discussion will suffice... thank you.

they wont give it to you if you've just started service. Call the international department @ 877-707-9208 and tell them that you are going over-seas and will use a local sim card and that you want the unlock code in order to use it. Good luck
    06-02-09 12:03 PM
    any specific country u've used them in that definitely needs the code for use?

06-02-09 10:41 PM
    I just called a few days ago and said I was going out the country. Never specified the country and CS was very pleasant about the whole transaction.

06-03-09 01:37 AM
    calling and saying your going out of the country has been used for awhile, its in all the unlock posts for AT&T. I did it the first week i had my first BB.
    06-03-09 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD