12-13-13 07:24 PM
113 1234 ...
tools
    Welcome to the Forums,

We respect your opinion, yes it might take us 10 seconds to generate a code but also cost us thousands of dollars to be able to do it. Some generators can go as high as 20-30k.

What we sell is a service, and the price is based on speed and quality. We can't sell the codes we generate at any price we want, we still got to cover the cost of having acquired the solution plus hosting, website managing, email system, taxes, payroll etc...

We have a legitimate company where we pay taxes and report all revenues to government. All payments we get are traceable (no cash), so alot of cost is involved.

Some codes also don't come cheap, as stated earlier, we pay as much as $50-$60 for a code...why? because it's the only way to unlock that particular phone.

What is wrong is when some members make it sound like we find these codes on the streets....we don't, or make them think that they can get the code for free anytime they want by calling the carrier, which is wrong and misleading, there are certain guidelines that need to be met in order to do so.

Of course you will see other places sell for cheap (ebay, craigslist etc...) and that's because they haven't spent the big bucks to acquire the solution but instead buy 1 code at a time (from resellers) and do not have the expenses big sites have. The same way they don't have the staff to manage the business and offer super fast service and reliability other big sites do. Would be hard to believe that someone you pay $2.99 will call you, and spend 1 hour on the phone with you to troubleshoot you. Also God forbid you give them the wrong imei, they will make you pay again..and so on. So again prices is based on service, speed and support you will get by dealing with a reliable site.

Yes some unlockers here, simply post to advertise their service and spam, they don't even take the time to help other members. Their only goal is to have their links show everywhere, but what can we do? we can only keep doing what we do is run a business and help other members, even if it's not "unlock" related.

Also to make it clear to other everyone, Unlocking is 100% Legal, what we offer is what your carrier is suppose to offer in the first place which is the ability to use your phone with any Network.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns...or if you want to unlock your phone of course
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 01-06-10 at 02:01 PM.
    01-06-10 01:52 PM
    Welcome to the Forums,

We respect your opinion, yes it might take us 10 seconds to generate a code but also cost us thousands of dollars to be able to do it. Some generators can go as high as 20-30k.

What we sell is a service, and the price is based on speed and quality. We can't sell the codes we generate at any price we want, we still got to cover the cost of having acquired the solution plus hosting, website managing, email system, taxes, payroll etc...

We have a legitimate company where we pay taxes and report all revenues to government. All payments we get are traceable (no cash), so alot of cost is involved.

Some codes also don't come cheap, as stated earlier, we pay as much as $50-$60 for a code...why? because it's the only way to unlock that particular phone.

What is wrong is when some members make it sound like we find these codes on the streets....we don't, or make them think that they can get the code for free anytime they want by calling the carrier, which is wrong and misleading, there are certain guidelines that need to be met in order to do so.

Of course you will see other places sell for cheap (ebay, craigslist etc...) and that's because they haven't spent the big bucks to acquire the solution but instead buy 1 code at a time (from resellers) and do not have the expenses big sites have. The same way they don't have the staff to manage the business and offer super fast service and reliability other big sites do. Would be hard to believe that someone you pay $2.99 will call you, and spend 1 hour on the phone with you to troubleshoot you. Also God forbid you give them the wrong imei, they will make you pay again..and so on. So again prices is based on service, speed and support you will get by dealing with a reliable site.

Yes some unlockers here, simply post to advertise their service and spam, they don't even take the time to help other members. Their only goal is to have their links show everywhere, but what can we do? we can only keep doing what we do is run a business and help other members, even if it's not "unlock" related.

Also to make it clear to other everyone, Unlocking is 100% Legal, what we offer is what your carrier is suppose to offer in the first place which is the ability to use your phone with any Network.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns...or if you want to unlock your phone of course
    Well said bro
    01-06-10 02:06 PM
    There is no real way to justify the price without exposing our expenses but we will try our best.

You..might just want a "freaking" code and no support, but that's not what we offer, that's what the $2.99 sites offer and people are more then welcome to buy there is they feel comfortable. I'd rather buy a Rolex from a dealer that will give me support then to buy it from grey market to save money but be on my own. We backup the service we provide and you would be surprised at the amount of customers that need help after for whatever reason. In order to be able to offer this service, we have to charge for it...to be able to cover the expenses of having the tools/staff to do it. So yes maybe you will order code and be fine on your own unlocking your phone but what if you're not? here's what will happen...

-you will call our number (which we pay for)
    -1-800 nuber (which we also pay for)
    -someone from our staff will answer (he is on payroll)
    -he will spend the time needed to troubleshoot you
    -if for whatever reason no one is available to answer the phone, you will leave a voicemail and we will call you back even if you're located in Africa (which we will have to pay for the call)
    -or you will email us and someone will get back to you

So again, maybe you might not all need this help, but a lot of people do, so instead of selling codes at $2.99 and offer no service to anyone, we put a price and offer full support even if that means having for you to mail us the phone and us return it at our cost.

Now let's explain how your unlocking of a Telus Storm would work. You can spend hours trying to do it for free and will not be able, because there is no solution out there for free. So you would order the code on our site. You are a Crackberry member so you will use the coupon code "crackb50" and get 50% Discount which would bring the cost down to $29.99 Canadian No tax. Here's what happens after the order goes through.
    -We collect the $29.99
    -We have to order the code for your phone because we cannot generate it for the Telus Storm so we pay for the code.
    -Let's say we pay $10 for the code, we are left with $20 profit..WOW that's a lot right? no it isn't we are not done yet.
    -We pay a % to merchant or Paypal for processing
    -We have to pay tax on that amount (we haven't charged you for tax)
    -Then one of us will get your unlock code back and email it to you (so yes the process for us is easy...we don't need to go chasing in the woods for the code

But with all the above said you got to remember that , we pay for the following
    -Site Hosting
    -Site Management
    -Site security
    -Certificate
    -Phone
    -Email
    -Staff
    you get the idea....

Now let's say the code doesn't work for whatever reason, we have to stand by what we sell, so there goes customer service expenses....now if you gave us the wrong imei, we won't charge you again for another code..so now we're losing money.....

So bottom line you pay cheap and bet on you being able to find all your answers or you pay a little more and have piece of mind..why? because you have a whole company with phones/email/staff ready to assist you, even if that means at 1am.

Obviously we're a business and a business is here to make money..but at the same time we are here to help others...same way we are taking the time to answer back your questions.

So the real cost is hard to determine because we have to make sure we are able to offer the correct code, fast turnaround and have the tools to offer support if anything goes wrong for the customer.

Say you need the code right away for an ATT phone...will you pay $2.99 and wait in the dark, or pay $7.49 and have a phone number to call, have your email answered right away...etc...and get your code within minutes.

That's a choice only you can make, and the difference in price will be justified by the service you get, which in reality is what you are a buying..a service.

Now with all dues respect, try getting a Telus Storm code at $2.99...you might get one and if you do it won't work I assure you. If it does, then we will pay you for you to get them for us because that would be a way for us to lower our price without sacrificing the service customer get
    01-06-10 03:13 PM
    Your post was deleted...why?
    01-06-10 03:13 PM
    Your post was deleted...why?
    ...because I had 2 separate (but similar) topic replys open, and pasted the wrong reply into this topic. I will reply in the other topic.

Some generators can go as high as 20-30k.
    That may be true but, but I will not accept that it is common: that figure would only be in terms of very rare fringe cases: that high a "start up cost" for a specific phone line or model would be the exception, not the rule.

In a similar vein, most technology companies provide "SDK" and support developer programs, and many of them charge a fee for the software tools and other "certificates" required to be involved in the programmes... I can buy Microsoft Visual Studio for a certain fee, and I can join their Developer Network with supporting code and materials for a fee... but these costs are published and can be known to every person who ever bought a software program. Of course there is a skill in developing software and that is the "value add" that contributes substantially to the actual cost of developing the software, and therefore affects the license fee... except that lots of world class software is TOTALLY FREE to use, which I continue to be amazed by.

Would you care to divulge which specific generator costs $20,000? I would then understand why the cost for unlock codes for that particular device might run as high as $50. Would you then care to divulge where the code generators for various BlackBerry devices fall in that "cost for the generator" spectrum?

But I remain sceptical that majority of the generators cost anywhere near that much to acquire or develop. Not even close, or you wouldn't have kids in their bedrooms selling unlock codes for $5.

I think website hosting and email etc. would run you about $100 a month for a site like yours. This ain't Yahoo or CNN.com we're talking about. I know because I pay hosting fees for a 5-site host, with full email support etc. and only pay $50 a month. Certificates, $50 per year etc. You haven't explained anything that would justify unlock code fees nearing the triple digits. I believe (as a mod previously posted) that the price is based solely on how much the market is willing to pay at this point, and at such time when customers become more sophisticated, costs will become the mitigating factor.

To the uneducated, an unlock code is just a number (and the simple instructions to enter the number). And yet no unlock code vendor wants to educate the customer as to what is actually involved, preferring that the customer just worship at the alter of the all knowing all powerful unlock code vendor a.k.a. Wizard of Oz, with smoke and flashes and bangs and projected images and so on. Boy, wasn't Dorothy pissed when she saw what was behind the curtain.

Actually, what is wrong is "unlock code vendor doubletalk". You said in an earlier post in this very thread:

We tell eveyone to call their carrier first.
    Seriously. Why in heaven's name would you tell people to first call their carrier to get their code if it will only work in rare cases? So, when they say "my carrier wouldn't give me the code" unlock vendors can be sympathetic and offer to "help"? I think I've seen this kind of thing depicted in various movies then the door closes and all we hear are blood-curdling screams from behind the door.

Playing Devli's Advocate here, how are consumers supposed to have any confidence that they aren't getting ripped off when they are subject to this?

I took the time to review some of your recent posts, and I acknowledge your contribution to this forum... but because I work in marketing and know that community advocacy is often just filed under "public relations", and the fact that you stand to gain directly from maintaining a positive image on this site, they kind-of cancel each other out. Yes, call me cynical if you want, but....

I respect the contribution you make to this site, but after seeing that the posted fee on your site for a Storm 2 unlock code is an APPALLING $60, the benefit is allllll gone. "Marked down from $89.99". Nice touch.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 01-06-10 at 03:52 PM.
    01-06-10 03:32 PM
    Ok to keep it short, Blackberry Code Generator for most models/carriers was 30k when it came out. This is not something you can buy on Amazon or any other software site.

Now since that generator was made available to a limited of companies, some new phones were launched with new securities, new algorythms...so the generator may or may not be able to generate the code for that model/country.

We never said calling your carrier will not work, we said you need to meet certain guidelines in order for them to give you the code. Example: Verizon/ATT/T-Mobile, you need to have an account with them in order for them to give you the code. Canadian carriers? forget it, they will never give you the code. Oh and what happens if you want a Storm2 which is only sold by Verizon is the USA, and want to use it with ATT, you think by calling Verizon up, they'll give it to you? no they won't and if they do (as other have claimed in other treads) is because the CSR is not aware of the guidelines. So you rather call 100 times and try to get lucky or pay the $17.49 and get it within 1 minutes??? only you can make that decision

So why do we tell the customer to call carrier first???? because we don't want them to pay for something they could of gotten for free (IF THEY ARE ELIGIBLE), and then feel they got ripped off.

The price of a Storm 2 is $29.99 after discount, and that's why there is coupon codes. And the price is justified by you making the purchase and getting the code within 5 minutes and having the support if needed. Customers who find the price to be too much for them have other alternatives and we also price match any legitimate site if that's what makes the customer happy.

Why buy a True Religion Jean at $350 when you can get a Lois at $10
    Why buy a Coke at the movies for $5 when you can get it a Costco for $0.35
    Why buy pay 1-800-Got Junk to pick your junk! when you can do it for free???
    Why pay for someone to clean your pool when you can do it yourself?
    Why pay for a Blackberry Theme...when you can build it yourself??

And the list continues....that's a choice only the consumer can make based on his budget and needs!

They come to us because they get it fast and works right away and know we are here no matter what.
    They go elsewhere because they don't need it fast or maybe rather pay less, or can't afford the prices...again only choice a customer can make.

-I can get a song for free...so why should I pay iTunes for it?? because I pay for the artist's work and the site's UI.

-I can pay Vonage $29.99/month or pay MagicJAck $29 for the whole year! which one would I choose? only I can know, they both offer me a phone line..the rest is for me to decide.

I can have AAA come unlock my doors within 30 minutes at $50 or call someone else who will do it within 3 hours for $25.
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 01-06-10 at 03:58 PM.
    01-06-10 03:51 PM
    Say you need the code right away for an ATT phone...will you pay $2.99 and wait in the dark, or pay $7.49 and have a phone number to call, have your email answered right away...etc...and get your code within minutes.
    BUT YOU CHARGE $60!!!! Your ka-hone-ehz are so big I can see them from Toronto!
    01-06-10 04:23 PM
    Basically this is something you can't discuss, to each his own. Why people come back to us? only they know

P.S: Our monthly hosting is with bandwidth runs us about $180/month....yes we can get cheaper in India....but why? we're happy with the service they provide.

Same as we pay Exchange $25/month when we can get it from Godaddy for $9.99....we don't switch because we know our provider is reliable.

Same way T-Mobile Unlimited all is $79.99/month and AT&T is $140/month...who would pay for ATT when T-Mobile offers the same product for cheaper..they do! but not the same service...I don't mind paying more because I know I will have coverage when I need it...no dead spots...no dropped calls.....

So how is AT&T's or even Verizon's price justified?? by the quality of service they will give you

On another note...If your competitor can't beat you at the service you offer, the only way for them to compete is by slashing the price and compromising the quality of the service they offer! They look alike but you find out once you try it.
    01-06-10 04:26 PM
    BUT YOU CHARGE $60!!!! Your ka-hone-ehz are so big I can see them from Toronto!
    Only for Telus/Bell! Not for every service, maybe instead of looking for ka-hone-ehz...you should look at the prices.

Find me a Telus Code at $2.99 on the web.....find it yet? if so try it and get back to us you'll have a new stream of income!

Oh! or wait why don't you go to the Eaton Center mall and look for someone to do it on the spot...get back to me with the price.

No futher comments...you don't seem to get to point or don't want to.
    01-06-10 04:32 PM
    Ok to keep it short, Blackberry Code Generator for most models/carriers was 30k when it came out. This is not something you can buy on Amazon or any other software site.
    I sense that you are not a liar. You are not lying. But saying how much it cost when it came out doesn't say how much your company paid, or what that covers (all blackberry devices ever?) so, I respect that you are being truthful, within the scope of keeping me in the dark.

Now since that generator was made available to a limited of companies, some new phones were launched with new securities, new algorythms...so the generator may or may not be able to generate the code for that model/country.
    Again, I have to take your word for it: someone in the business who benefits from consumers thinking the costs are high, but not actually clarifying what the costs ARE.

We never said calling your carrier will not work, we said you need to meet certain guidelines in order for them to give you the code. Example: Verizon/ATT/T-Mobile, you need to have an account with them in order for them to give you the code. Canadian carriers? forget it, they will never give you the code. Oh and what happens if you want a Storm2 which is only sold by Verizon is the USA, and want to use it with ATT, you think by calling Verizon up, they'll give it to you? no they won't and if they do (as other have claimed in other treads) is because the CSR is not aware of the guidelines. So you rather call 100 times and try to get lucky or pay the $17.49 and get it within 1 minutes??? only you can make that decision
    You sound like you are justifying extortion. Are you? And again, you quote prices that aren't NEAR what you charge on your site. Why do you not state "I think $60 is a fair price", because THAT'S what's on your site as I type this.

So why do we tell the customer to call carrier first???? because we don't want them to pay for something they could of gotten for free (IF THEY ARE ELIGIBLE), and then feel they got ripped off.
    $60 Is a rip off. Everyone agrees. Change the price on your site if you aren't trying to trick people into paying $60 for something that you should only be charging $30 or $18 for. Again, there are serious trust issues here.

The price of a Storm 2 is $29.99 after discount, and that's why there is coupon codes. And the price is justified by you making the purchase and getting the code within 5 minutes and having the support if needed. Customers who find the price to be too much for them have other alternatives and we also price match any legitimate site if that's what makes the customer happy.
    If you can give me a Telus Storm 9550 unlock code in 5 minutes for $15 you have a deal. $30, for 5 minutes "work", I don't know... $60, forget it.

Why buy a True Religion Jean at $350 when you can get a Lois at $10
    Why buy a Coke at the movies for $5 when you can get it a Costco for $0.35
    Why buy pay 1-800-Got Junk to pick your junk! when you can do it for free???
    Why pay for someone to clean your pool when you can do it yourself?
    Why pay for a Blackberry Theme...when you can build it yourself??
    All of that is out of context. and most of those things you can't do for "Free". Hours of work may be involved. Not 5 minutes OR LESS. Paying $5 for a soda is stupid STUPID. I do not respect people who do so. I hold movie theatres in contempt for this practice. But, yes, they do manage to sell pop for $5.

And the list continues....that's a choice only the consumer can make based on his budget and needs!
    ...and I'm still not getting why $60 for something that you can COMPUTE AND DELIVER IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES is justified. Not getting it.

-I can get a song for free...so why should I pay iTunes for it?? because I pay for the artist's work and the site's UI.
    ...because one is stealing and the other isn't.

-I can pay Vonage $29.99/month or pay MagicJAck $29 for the whole year! which one would I choose? only I can know, they both offer me a phone line..the rest is for me to decide.
    Because the service offerings differ fundamentally: you don't need a computer on to use Vonage.

I can have AAA come unlock my doors within 30 minutes at $50 or call someone else who will do it within 3 hours for $25.
    ...or you can have a friend keep a spare set of keys for emergencies and they'll come to your aid as you would for them. Free.

We'll agree to disagree, but maybe if these posts are findable on Google, hopefully market forces will cause change in this arena: or the carriers will be legislated to provide unlocked phones as it was in the very early days of cell phones, where you could buy your phone and then pick the carrier. C'mon, FCC: do your jobs.
    01-06-10 04:40 PM
    Case Closed?

Every company succeeds out there because they market niche. A lot of factors going into place into why anything is a certain price.

Supply & demand, economies of scale, profits and losses, taxes, government regulations.

Like Cellunlock we all do this honestly and professionally. Let's just be civil about this without pointing fingers to one another. Everyone has the right to purchase what they want from anyone.
    01-06-10 05:19 PM
    Exactly! But by applying coupon our site price would be the same then yours...why we sell at $59.99 reg?? because we want to and have other costs related to that, like having someone look out for orders even after business hours. Why do we have coupon codes?? to match other prices in the market. And all reliable unlockers are in the same price-range , some requiring coupon codes.

You can call Telus and they'll sell you the code for $75!!! why if they get it for FREE!!!!! beats me! I guess they compete with us!

Most of us here are reliable and offer the same service with different turnaround times..no point in going back and forth of why this why that...enough has been said....and consumer is big enough to decide for himself.

Here is a comment left by a customer on our site and can be found on our site that says it all!
    Easy Unlocking. January 5, 2010
    Reviewer: Dasha from Montreal, QC Canada
    If you live in Montreal and are looking to unlock a Bell HSPA phone this is the easiest, cheapest way to do it: GSM Montreal charges 60$, Eaton center little kiosk 75$ and the one in Peel metro 80$. CellUnlock sent me an email within 45 minutes with clear instructions and all for 29.95$ (with my savings coupon from Crackberry forum). This was an amazing deal. Thanks again.
    We can match & pretty much beat any price....not a reason to give them away! because competitors do. Remember, if your competitor can't beat your service, only way for him to compete is by slashing the price even if it means not making money

Why don't we discuss the reasons our site has a white background now

This will be the last comment made as far as justifying the prices....why? because everyone has it's own opinion....Does Apple selling their computers more expensive then other sites (who are their resellers ) make them rip-offs? at all!

CASE CLOSED YOUR HONOR!
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 01-06-10 at 05:49 PM.
    01-06-10 05:36 PM
    My question may sound stupid but I am not a savvy phone user like all you folks out here and all help would be appreciated.

I have a Storm 2 (on Verizon) that I am planning to get unlocked so I can use it with other GSM networks in the US and internationally. After the phone is unlocked and I insert the new SIM card, will I need to change any phone settings to make the phone work on the GSM network? There are two scenarios where I will need to use the phone:

a) use a SIM card in the US
    b) use a local SIM card while traveling Internationally (in the UK and Asia).

Thanks for your help.
    02-10-10 01:34 AM
    Yes you can use either one just need to switch it to 2G under mobile network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 10:37 AM
    My question may sound stupid but I am not a savvy phone user like all you folks out here and all help would be appreciated.

I have a Storm 2 (on Verizon) that I am planning to get unlocked so I can use it with other GSM networks in the US and internationally. After the phone is unlocked and I insert the new SIM card, will I need to change any phone settings to make the phone work on the GSM network? There are two scenarios where I will need to use the phone:

a) use a SIM card in the US
    b) use a local SIM card while traveling Internationally (in the UK and Asia).

Thanks for your help.
    Yes in both scenarios you will have to go to Options/Mobile Network and change Technology to GSM/UMTS and select 2G (unless that provider operates on a 3G band which is compatible with the Storm then you will be able to leave it on 3G, will mostly be overseas)
    02-10-10 12:55 PM
    lol...wrong thread to bring up from the past! Lets hope it doesn't provoke anything
    02-10-10 11:27 PM
    Lol..when everyone respects each others opinion, everything stays calm
    02-12-10 07:39 PM
    So what the best price of unlocking the Telus storm2 anyways?

02-14-10 10:22 AM
    Sent you some info
    02-14-10 11:22 AM
    So what the best price of unlocking the Telus storm2 anyways?

Price can vary from $15 to $60 depending on the site you go to. Best to deal with a reliable unlocker so the unlock can go smoothly. We can pretty much all match each others price. You can aslo use the coupon code below in our signature and get Crackberry's 50% Discount

Let us know if we can help you unlock your Blackberry
    02-14-10 12:16 PM
    DID you use on another network? So sounds like unlocked 9550 can be interesting device. Run VZW network and switch to GSM only if want to use TMobile for example? Ostensibly able to switch between carriers?
    06-01-10 01:53 AM
    DID you use on another network? So sounds like unlocked 9550 can be interesting device. Run VZW network and switch to GSM only if want to use TMobile for example? Ostensibly able to switch between carriers?
    Yes you can just by going to Options/Mobile Network and changing from Global/1XEV to GSM/UMTS.
    06-01-10 02:11 AM
    I bought blackberry 9550 and unlocked it with the code for use with another operator. But he continues to receive Verizon in Host Routing Table. How Can I fully unlock the phone from Verizon?
    06-11-10 06:38 PM
    I bought blackberry 9550 and unlocked it with the code for use with another operator. But he continues to receive Verizon in Host Routing Table. How Can I fully unlock the phone from Verizon?
    Insert the SIM and then you need to go to Options/Mobile Network and change Technology to GSM/UMTS and select 2G. You might have to load the Service Books manually for the provider you wish to use.
    06-11-10 06:42 PM
    Got my 9550 unlocked Just wanted to say that cellunlocknet has an AWESOME service! Quick and super nice! Thanks, bud!!!
    06-11-10 10:45 PM
113 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD