08-27-16 05:14 PM
160 1234 ...
tools
    Don't worry, everyone is in good hands here. Some times unexpected delays can happen
    08-22-11 10:58 AM
    There's a carrier in my country (Not US) and this carrier's 3G network works on 900 Mhz... What if I put that carrier SIM card on the Bold 9930, will I get 3G?
    Last edited by pparadisom; 08-23-11 at 05:31 AM.
    08-23-11 05:25 AM
    There's a carrier in my country (Not US) and this carrier's 3G network works on 900 Mhz... What if I put that carrier SIM card on the Bold 9930, will I get 3G?
    Yes 9930 works on HSDPA 900 / 2100 so you would get 3G.
    08-23-11 09:04 AM
    Hi pparadisom ,

Yes, the Verizon Blackberry Bold 9930 supports HSDPA 900 / 2100 so you would get 3G on any network around the world that uses those same 3G bands.

The phone will also work with any GSM network worldwide with 2G speeds

Hope we were of help,

Cheers,

James

08-23-11 04:04 PM
    Hey guys, this forum has been great!

But I had few more questions. I just purchased Verizon bold 9930 from overseas. And it was already unlocked and I was trying to use it when I return home to the us. However I am on at&t service and have been hearing that I will only be able to receive and make calls. Is this true?

And I am planning to move to Canada in few months and was wondering if I will get 3G service.

Please help....
    08-27-11 01:22 PM
    No 3G but you can use everything else.
    08-27-11 02:06 PM
    Hi, i just got a new BB 9930 from Verizon but i currently have T-mobile with (blackberry service), I unlocked it but I can't get the BBM to work on it everything else works fine. Is this fixable?

thanks!
    08-29-11 01:29 PM
    Did you register the device in host routing table? Make sure you have the correct data plan with BIS.
    08-29-11 04:20 PM
    Hi intelliq,

Make sure you register the device in the host routing table.

If it still doesn't work, call your network and ask them to send the service books(blackberry settings) to your phone or install them manually, you can find info on how to do that in the forums.

Cheers,

Hi, i just got a new BB 9930 from Verizon but i currently have T-mobile with (blackberry service), I unlocked it but I can't get the BBM to work on it everything else works fine. Is this fixable?

thanks!
    08-29-11 08:31 PM
    You will not get 3G with a 9930 .. only 9900 ...
    08-29-11 11:05 PM

thanks!
    That's a Service Books issue. Let us know if you got it figured out.
    08-30-11 11:59 AM
    Hey guys, this forum has been great!

But I had few more questions. I just purchased Verizon bold 9930 from overseas. And it was already unlocked and I was trying to use it when I return home to the us. However I am on at&t service and have been hearing that I will only be able to receive and make calls. Is this true?

And I am planning to move to Canada in few months and was wondering if I will get 3G service.

Please help....
    All the features will work but you will only get 2G (EDGE) in North America. If you want to get 3G in Canada or USA you will need to get a Bell/Rogers/Telus/Virgin unit.
    08-30-11 12:00 PM

thanks!
    I have the same problem, I have the sprint 9930 and my tmobile functions as a phone and for texts but bbm browser that isn't working and I tried everything, called tmobilE a bunch of times... I put the msl code and that gave me CDMA edit screen which is useless to tmobile right? I deleted the oldnservice books and did the register now on the host tables. On the tmobile site I went to the part where I cud see my bis emails, so there I hit send service books and it did but on my phone the enterprise activation didn't work.

Should I have reinstalled the software cuz the phone has some sprint service setup icon even without the sprint sim card that came in the phone
    Last edited by ataxia44; 09-02-11 at 01:43 AM.
    08-31-11 10:03 PM
    hey guys, thanks for loads of help, to refresh you with my situation
    i have purchased a bold 9930 (verizon) but unlocked. and i am on at&t service.
    and currently i am in understanding that i will not be able to receive 3G service.
    and i have learned to deal with the fact.
    However, currently i am still overseas and want to use the phone a bit. before returning to the states in about 2 weeks
    and on the top of the scree, it says activation required. and when i try to activate, it shows "your device has not been activated with your wireless service account. contact your wireless service provider. please contact your carrier to activate your device."
    am i suppose to call at&t and ask for help? it just seems sketchy to tell them that i have bought a unlocked verizon phone to use it with their service and all.
    help will be greatly appreciated! thanks
    09-09-11 01:51 AM
    It shows activation required because it requires a SPC/MSL code which allows you to program your at&t # into the device. Takes many hours to get this code but it is possible. As for "your device has not been activated with your wireless service account. contact your wireless service provider. please contact your carrier to activate your device." This because you are trying to activate the device the CDMA way. Don't worry about that.
    09-09-11 09:38 AM
    Hi makpak,

You can try this:

If you are using an unlocked Verizon blackberry and have "Activation Required" on your home screen or your phone number displays incorrectly, Dial ##000000 (Send). In the Menu add your phone number and select save. The device will reboot and activate.

hey guys, thanks for loads of help, to refresh you with my situation
    i have purchased a bold 9930 (verizon) but unlocked. and i am on at&t service.
    and currently i am in understanding that i will not be able to receive 3G service.
    and i have learned to deal with the fact.
    However, currently i am still overseas and want to use the phone a bit. before returning to the states in about 2 weeks
    and on the top of the scree, it says activation required. and when i try to activate, it shows "your device has not been activated with your wireless service account. contact your wireless service provider. please contact your carrier to activate your device."
    am i suppose to call at&t and ask for help? it just seems sketchy to tell them that i have bought a unlocked verizon phone to use it with their service and all.
    help will be greatly appreciated! thanks
    09-09-11 07:42 PM
    verizon told me to type MEP2 and apparently its not the right one. thanks to this ,I was able to unlock my 9930!
    09-10-11 09:46 AM
    Hi Rafiks,

Great, glad the info was of help!

Enjoy your Unlocked 9930!

Cheers!

verizon told me to type MEP2 and apparently its not the right one. thanks to this ,I was able to unlock my 9930!
    09-10-11 05:56 PM
    Hello Blackberry Code Source, May i ask one thing... what if i purchased a 9930 Sprint device, cause its said that it has a pre-installed SIM Card... does this mean that the device has got a fixed SIM in other words is the SIM removable? if it was removable do i use the same technique in unlocking it. thanks in advance
    Last edited by zaid_kh; 09-10-11 at 09:01 PM.
    09-10-11 08:56 PM
    Hi zaid_kh,

The Sprint 9930 has a removable simcard and can be unlocked for use on any GSM network worldwide.

The unlocking method is the exact same as unlocking a Verizon 9930.

After unlocking the phone you will be able to use it with a simcard from any GSM network worlwide.

Let us know if you have any other questions at all,

Best Regards,

James

Hello Blackberry Code Source, May i ask one thing... what if i purchased a 9930 Sprint device, cause its said that it has a pre-installed SIM Card... does this mean that the device has got a fixed SIM in other words is the SIM removable? if it was removable do i use the same technique in unlocking it. thanks in advance
    09-11-11 08:02 PM
    WIll an unlocked 9930 from Verizon work on Sprint?

Also, I have an old BB that I had on the O2 network - if I were to unlock my 9930, it'll work 3G and H+ on O2, yes?
    09-14-11 04:46 PM
    No an unlocked 9930 will not work on sprint or vice versa on Verizon as they are both cdma networks.

As for o2 you will get 3G & H+ as the 9930 has compatible frequencies.

O2 Frequencies:

UMTS(900+2100)+GSM(900+1800)
    UMTS(850+1900)+GSM(850+1900)
    UMTS(800+2100)
    UMTS(850+2100)+GSM(900+1800)
    UMTS(850)+GSM(900+1800)
    UMTS(1700
    09-15-11 12:04 AM
    We agree,

An unlocked 9930 will not work on sprint or vice versa on Verizon as they are both cdma networks.

As for o2 you will get 3G & H+ as the 9930 has compatible frequencies.
    smasm likes this.
    09-16-11 06:28 PM
    WIll an unlocked 9930 from Verizon work on Sprint?

Also, I have an old BB that I had on the O2 network - if I were to unlock my 9930, it'll work 3G and H+ on O2, yes?
    No it won't. Sprint doesn't have an open ESN policy so they will never activate it on their Network. Better of getting a Sprint unit.
    smasm likes this.
    09-21-11 11:38 AM
    Thank you very much for helping people. I bought bold 9930 ( version ) and I'm currently using T-mobile. I unlocked it and the phone working well. However, The Internet and the bb messenger doesn't work at all. Is there any way to solve this problem?
    09-22-11 01:16 PM
160 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD