Please help I have a verizon storm and I wanna use it on my sprint acct the storm does not have a sim card I just need to know the steps I need to take and where to get the information I need if someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 09:36 AM
    You can't use the Storm on Sprint, or any other non Sprint branded phone for that matter.

Sprint still exists? LOL.

12-14-09 11:49 AM
    You will need Sprint's cooperation. They will need to either flash the phone, or to add it's ESN in to their database. They are not supposed to do this, BUT I have heard of it getting done. Check with Sprint, but not be surprised when they say no dice.
    12-14-09 12:23 PM
    You don't need to unlock the phone to use it on Sprint. Unlocking allows the phone to recognize the SIM card. Since VZW and Sprint are BOTH CDMA carriers they don't need a SIM.

Like pkcable said you will have to have Sprint's cooperation in adding you to their list of approved ESNs. It's a database of ESN numbers that Sprint recognizes as their own devices.

That being said, pkcable is also right about Sprint not giving you a free ride. Sprint is notorious for being the most strict carrier in only using Sprint branded phones. They (most of the time) don't like activating other carrier's phones on their network.

Moer-or-less, if they say they won't do it, you're stuck with that decision. I've heard of people getting a technician to add their phone to the Sprint list, but those stories are few and far between.

12-14-09 12:36 PM
    Like the moderator above stated you will need to find some Sprint rep willing to do it or else it will not work.
    12-14-09 08:50 PM
    IMHO. Never gonna happen.

12-14-09 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD