Hi everybody,

sry for keep asking but iam new in bb world :P

i went today to my service provider station (zain jordan) to activate the blackberry service and when they tried to do that for me they told me that they cant do it before unlocking my bb APN.

so now i have to unlock the APN and then go back to them.

my phone was verizon but i unlocked it using the unlock code .. any help?
    11-22-09 08:34 AM
    Your PIN is never unlocked. I will stay away from them is they are asking you to unlock your pin.
    11-22-09 09:41 AM
    its not the pin its APN
    11-22-09 02:24 PM
    i went to a big mobile store that deals with blackberry .. he told me that my network must be disabled not inactive( the mepd stuff)

personalization
    sim disable
    network Inactive
    network subset disable
    service provider disable
    corporate disable

so anyone knows hoe to make it disabled rather than inactive?
    11-22-09 02:41 PM
    If it's unlocked, it should work with any operator. Maybe your PIN is still registered to other operator (VZW?) , then you need to release it prior registration to other operator IMO
    11-23-09 02:40 AM
    If it's unlocked, it should work with any operator. Maybe your PIN is still registered to other operator (VZW?) , then you need to release it prior registration to other operator IMO
    can you tell me how to do that?
    11-23-09 07:29 AM
    can you tell me how to do that?
    where did you buy the phone from? a previous owner? if so, it might still be connected to their account still. If not, you will have to try to get in contact with Verizon somehow to figure out the problem.
    11-23-09 01:54 PM
    i bought it from verizon its a brand new bb .. i left canda and now iam in jordan
    11-23-09 02:07 PM
    I would call Verizon just to make sure that the pin isn't connected to them anymore and then maybe you can ask them why you are having trouble since you originally purchased the phone from them and if they are still keeping information or anything.
    11-23-09 02:17 PM
    Nope the phone is still locked. Meaning you need to get a Unlock Code (MEP) to get it to work overseas.
    11-23-09 05:33 PM
    Nope the phone is still locked. Meaning you need to get a Unlock Code (MEP) to get it to work overseas.
    but i already got the key and the key was accepted and now i can use any sim card .. do i mess something?
    11-23-09 06:15 PM
    Well if it was accepted than it is unlocked. Did you switch the network to 2G?
    11-23-09 06:19 PM
    i bought it from verizon its a brand new bb .. i left canda and now iam in jordan
    When did Verizon start providing cell service in Canada?
    11-23-09 09:23 PM
    Well if it was accepted than it is unlocked. Did you switch the network to 2G?

its 2g/3g do i have to change it to 2g?
    11-24-09 11:46 AM
    Yes you do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 11:48 AM
    When did Verizon start providing cell service in Canada?
    Never had Verizon here unless Im missing something LOL
    11-24-09 11:57 AM
    Never had Verizon here unless Im missing something LOL
    i'm pretty sure it's illegal for verizon to operate in canada as canadian operators must be owned by a certain percentage of local investors.... i'm pretty sure canadians don't own a majority share of verizon....

the odd place u will get network on the boarder, but there are no verizon towers in Canada...

My guess he picked it up at a US airport, and the sales guy told him it was unlocked to make the easy sale.... but i'm sure if you call verizon they will unlock it.....

In Jordan the network capibilities are:

2G capabilities

Required
    GSM 900

Recommended
    GSM 900 and GSM 1800

With no 3G capabilities.....

the 9530 storm supports GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 so you're golden and won't benefit from a 9500 regardless....
    11-24-09 11:59 PM
    I'm pretty sure you are all wrong and he meant he lived in Canada and just happen to cross into the states to get one from Verizon.
    11-25-09 12:00 AM
    i'm pretty sure it's illegal for verizon to operate in canada as canadian operators must be owned by a certain percentage of local investors.... i'm pretty sure canadians don't own a majority share of verizon....

the odd place u will get network on the boarder, but there are no verizon towers in Canada...

My guess he picked it up at a US airport, and the sales guy told him it was unlocked to make the easy sale.... but i'm sure if you call verizon they will unlock it.....

In Jordan the network capibilities are:

2G capabilities

Required
    GSM 900

Recommended
    GSM 900 and GSM 1800

With no 3G capabilities.....

the 9530 storm supports GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 so you're golden and won't benefit from a 9500 regardless....
    yeah thats what exactly happened that motherf***er told me that :evil:

so its not gonna work here in jordan to have a data plan?
    11-25-09 01:05 PM
    You'll get data, just only EDGE not 3G.... It'll be slow for web browsing but fine for email and bbm.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD