Hello,

can anyone instruct me how to unlock my Verizon Blackberry Storm 9530? So i can get it unlock and sell it on ebay in order to get iphone 3gs.
    07-06-09 01:05 PM
    The free way is Call Verizon and ask for unlock code. Then you got to option>sim>show keyboard. type MEPD then MEP2 and enter teh unlock code.
    07-06-09 01:08 PM
    if u r in good standing w/ verizon, they will unlock it for u for free, if not u can go to the following legit sites to get it unlocked for a fee:

CellUnlock.net-Unlock Your Verizon Blackberry Storm 9530, Tour 9630 & 8830 (w/ crackb50 coupon code) - i used this to unlock my phone)

REMOTE Unlock Verizon Blackberry Storm 9530 [unlock-bb-Storm-CDMA-Verizon] - CAD$24.50 : HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center
    07-06-09 01:09 PM
    Sometimes, Verizon will say 'We'll only unlock it if you are in good standing AND have been a customer for 2 months or more'.

My Account has just been changed to my name, so I used Horizon and had the code within 40 minutes.

if u r in good standing w/ verizon, they will unlock it for u for free, if not u can go to the following legit sites to get it unlocked for a fee:

CellUnlock.net-Unlock Your Verizon Blackberry Storm 9530, Tour 9630 & 8830 (w/ crackb50 coupon code) - i used this to unlock my phone)

REMOTE Unlock Verizon Blackberry Storm 9530 [unlock-bb-Storm-CDMA-Verizon] - CAD$24.50 : HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center
    07-06-09 01:16 PM
    I thought it was 6 months in good standing. I could be wrong. I unlocked last week. Note that unlocking voids your warranty, so I would make sure you had insurance before unlocking.
    07-06-09 01:22 PM
    I thought it was 6 months in good standing. I could be wrong. I unlocked last week. Note that unlocking voids your warranty, so I would make sure you had insurance before unlocking.
    u r missed informed
    unlocking doesnt void ur warranty
    how would unlocking void warranty if verizon will unlock ur phone?
    07-06-09 01:26 PM
    u r missed informed
    unlocking doesnt void ur warranty
    how would unlocking void warranty if verizon will unlock ur phone?
    Unlocking voids the warranty if the damage to the phone resulted from using the phone with another SIM card not on the Verizon network. The phone is still under warranty if you are using it with the Verizon SIM card. It's all explained in the terms and conditions Verizon emails you when you unlock your phone.
    07-06-09 01:49 PM
    Unlocking voids the warranty if the damage to the phone resulted from using the phone with another SIM card not on the Verizon network. The phone is still under warranty if you are using it with the Verizon SIM card.
    ooo

but what if u successfully unlocked the phone
    n use a different sim card outta the country...
    does that still void warranty?
    07-06-09 01:51 PM
    ooo

but what if u successfully unlocked the phone
    n use a different sim card outta the country...
    does that still void warranty?

Yeah dude that's what I just said. If you use it with another SIM card (e.g. out of the country), then the warranty does not cover any damage to the phone when you are using it. But if you are using it on Verizon here in the USA, you are still covered under the warranty.
    07-06-09 02:01 PM
    Yeah dude that's what I just said. If you use it with another SIM card (e.g. out of the country), then the warranty does not cover any damage to the phone when you are using it. But if you are using it on Verizon here in the USA, you are still covered under the warranty.
    whoops, misinterpreted ur statement lol
    07-06-09 02:04 PM
    I can't think of any damage that a sim card can cause to a phone. And there's nothing to stop you from saying that you had the standard voda sim in there when any damage occurred (other than ethics).

Nevertheless, here's the additional terms that Verizon sends you when you unlock. #2 is likely the most applicable.

1. You agree that Global Phone rates do not apply to any service obtained through the use of Other SIM Cards, and that Verizon Wireless is not responsible for, and has no information about, such service.
    2. YOU AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL USE OF OTHER SIM CARDS IN THE GLOBAL PHONE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND EXPENSE AND IS SUBJECT TO THE RATES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE APPLICABLE WIRELESS CARRIER.
    3. You agree that, to the extent applicable when using Other SIM Cards, Your use of the Global Phone remains subject to Your Verizon Wireless Customer Agreement, Calling Plan and Global Phone terms and conditions, including without limitation, the requirement to abide by all applicable foreign laws when using the Global Phone outside of the United States.
    4. You agree that these Terms and Conditions become part of your Verizon Wireless Customer Agreement and Calling Plan.
    07-06-09 02:07 PM
    VZW will unlock if you are a customer for 60 days. If you can t get code let us know.
    08-07-09 09:49 PM
    Helllo everyone!

I just purchase a Verizon Storm for my daughter who has a T mobile SIM, when I type the MEPD I get the menu and it says all disabled except for NETWORK where it says active.

For what I have read in the blackberry unlock step by step thread that this means the phone is already unlocked so it shouldn't be a problem using a T Mobile SIM card but I cannot get it to work.

When I go into the SIM Card menu from Advanced Options, it reads the card and it says "SIM card: Security Disable"... but if I put my daughters T mobile card it says "No valid SIM card".

Can someone tell me what can be wrong???

I tried changing the mobile number manualy by getting into ##000000 and saving but it reboots and the old number still shows and when I try to make a call, I can't.

Please help..... Thanx!!
    08-07-09 10:53 PM
    Helllo everyone!

I just purchase a Verizon Storm for my daughter who has a T mobile SIM, when I type the MEPD I get the menu and it says all disabled except for NETWORK where it says active.

For what I have read in the blackberry unlock step by step thread that this means the phone is already unlocked so it shouldn't be a problem using a T Mobile SIM card but I cannot get it to work.

When I go into the SIM Card menu from Advanced Options, it reads the card and it says "SIM card: Security Disable"... but if I put my daughters T mobile card it says "No valid SIM card".

Can someone tell me what can be wrong???

I tried changing the mobile number manualy by getting into ##000000 and saving but it reboots and the old number still shows and when I try to make a call, I can't.

Please help..... Thanx!!
    Someone pleeease, some help
    08-08-09 07:02 PM
    Email sent I will see if we can get you unlocked
    08-08-09 07:20 PM
    Helllo everyone!

"Active" means the phone is locked to SIMs issued by a specific network (probably Verizon). You need to get an unlock code and follow the instructions to enter it. Most likely you will have to buy the code from one of the commercial unlockers because you don't have access to the original VZW account.

The displayed phone number is information only. It can be reprogrammed, but deal with the SIM unlocking first.
    08-08-09 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD