Hey. Here's the thing:

I have a Bold and a Pearl, I bought both of them in a store (I mean, not from a friend or anything). Been using the Bold for almost 2 years now so Pearl is just "resting" in my room. Mom bought a Nokia with a new SIM card but changed the SIM card for her old card, so the new SIM card is mine now. I also have a Sony Ericsson, so I tried to use the new SIM card with that phone and it worked, but when I tried to use it with my old Pearl, it didn't work.

When I try to use the SIM card with the Pearl, it says "Insert SIM card" on the main menu and when I did the "advanced options > SIM card > MEPD" thing, I got this:

SIM - Disabled
    Network - Active
    Network Subset - Disabled
    Network Provider - Disabled
    Corporate - Disabled

So I'm guessing Pearl is locked for some reason. What should I do if I want to use it again?

Pearl 8120
    Carrier: Telcel (Mexico)

Thank you
    12-19-10 10:25 PM
    You will need to get an unlock code for it. There are several unlockers here on CB in the BB unlocking forum. Sometimes if they're in a generous mood, they will dole one out for free. Otherwise they will charge a small fee. Just check that thread and I'm sure that one of them can help you out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 11:04 AM
    There also are contests in the unlocking forum. If you enter a contest you might win. I won a free unlocking code from one of the contests previously.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 11:50 AM
    Your will need a MEP2 unlock code. It's currently locked to the network.
    12-20-10 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD