02-14-11 12:52 PM
34 12
tools
    Well I got it unlocked by one of the folks who posts here. Thank you very much.

The unlock procedure for my ATT Bold 9700 did not go as instructed by the vendor, however. His instructions tell you to go into Settings->Options->Advanced Options->SIM Card and enter MEPD, followed by MEP2 to get to the window to enter the unlock code. Didn't work on my ATT Bold 9700.

I had to install a non-network SIM card in the phone and turn it on. After it boots, a message comes up that says the phone needs to be unlocked to work with that SIM card. Clicking Yes brings up the window to enter the unlock code. Entered the unlock code and it worked just fine.

Thanks for the good service!

A pox on the house of ATT!!
    Never heard of this type of procedure, a friend of mine got my old Bold 9700 (ATT native) and purchased the unlock code, his cousin as a n00b did all 10 tries and locked the MEP, now I'm just curious to see if this procedure by having a non-native ATT sim would have done the trick.
    02-09-11 11:10 AM
    Never heard of this type of procedure, a friend of mine got my old Bold 9700 (ATT native) and purchased the unlock code, his cousin as a n00b did all 10 tries and locked the MEP, now I'm just curious to see if this procedure by having a non-native ATT sim would have done the trick.
    Only DM3 service will reset the counter...
    02-09-11 11:35 AM
    Doesn't really matter which SIM was in the phone when the unlocking was attempted. Usually if you have the correct unlock code it should work with a native/non-native sim and in most cases no sim as well.

Only way to unlock now is by special equipment.
    02-09-11 12:21 PM
    Nope..has nothing to do with the sim, just the code. Either he was guessing the code, or someone sold him an invalid code. It has nothing to do with the instructions he used to enter the code. If the phone asked him for a code, it would have taken it if it was right
    02-09-11 06:11 PM
    FTB, you explained it superbly.
    02-10-11 06:29 AM
    Nope..has nothing to do with the sim, just the code. Either he was guessing the code, or someone sold him an invalid code. It has nothing to do with the instructions he used to enter the code. If the phone asked him for a code, it would have taken it if it was right
    Guessing the code...lol.
    02-10-11 12:34 PM

you'l have to take it somewhere locally and unlock it by cables. try craigslist or yellowbook you can find someone near by that will do it. it will cost more than the usual 5-20$
    02-13-11 02:12 PM
    Only way to do the 9700 with counter 0 is DM3
    02-13-11 02:49 PM
    You will need to take it to your nearest repair shop and unlock it via Dm3 cable as my friend said earlier.
    02-14-11 12:52 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD