hey guys!

I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me how to unlock my BB8310. I just got it and cannot enjoy it 'cuz of this. I've already tried one unlock code found somewhere in this forum (option-adv. option-sim card-mepd-mep2) but then i was asked to provide the "network MEP code" that's where i'm blocked. I don't know what that damn MEP Code is.

Thanks in advance.
    12-11-08 08:48 AM
    You can call ATT and ask them for the unlock code.

What makes you think you can't enjoy your phone because its locked?
    12-11-08 08:52 AM
    Mathrin is correct about calling you carrier.

Any unlocked code you found posted on this or any other forum
    will be useless as they are all IMEI specific and every phone has a
    unique IMEI.

Unlocking the phone will provide you no additional functionality
    whatsoever beyond being able to use the phone on another GSM
    network.
    12-11-08 10:09 AM
    And if AT&T refuses to issue you the unlock code (as they can sometimes) you can head to HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center and they will hooks you up with an unlock code for cheap.
    12-11-08 10:54 AM
    Im on AT&T and had my fone about 2 weeks and called support and got the code from them for free, they gave me a wrong one the first time called back and got another one, the right one. This is what i did, i was going out of country, Italy so i went to a store, guys at the store said to use the networks in Italy i needed a unlock or MEP code to use there SIM cards. I called support and said that i talked to the guy at a store and said to call them for the MEP code, i acted like i didnt know what it way which is important, told the girl i had a O2 SIM already to use the fone in Italy, she almost sent me to International services, make a point that the guys at the store said all you need is a code, she put me on hold and came back with the code. Tell them that you are going to use a network in another country and already have a SIM for that carrier and were told all you need is an MEP code, saying unlock code may make them think expecially if a male tech that you are trying to get something for free, statisically girls are easier to perform social engineering on. Social engineering is what you will be doing to get the code for free from AT&T, its a computer security nuts best tool.
    Last edited by ghostshell; 12-11-08 at 12:12 PM.
    12-11-08 12:04 PM
    I have followed the directions several times on how to unlock my phone but no matter what I do the personalization menu never pops up...actually nothing happens at all. It is a AT&T phone, and I am using an AT&T sim to try to unlock it, but nothing is working! PLEASE HELP!
    02-01-10 06:22 PM
    i think you can find a service from ebay and it wont cost more than 30$ to unlock it
    02-01-10 07:09 PM
    I have followed the directions several times on how to unlock my phone but no matter what I do the personalization menu never pops up...actually nothing happens at all. It is a AT&T phone, and I am using an AT&T sim to try to unlock it, but nothing is working! PLEASE HELP!
    Might be unlocked already. After typing MEPD what does it say?

hey guys!

I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me how to unlock my BB8310. I just got it and cannot enjoy it 'cuz of this. I've already tried one unlock code found somewhere in this forum (option-adv. option-sim card-mepd-mep2) but then i was asked to provide the "network MEP code" that's where i'm blocked. I don't know what that damn MEP Code is.

Thanks in advance.
    MEP is the Unlock Code. You can't just use anyone's. They are specific to the device's IMEI. Try calling your carrier to see if they will give it to you for free, if you have no luck then we can help you out.
    02-03-10 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD